Cooking_Hacks

e-Health Sensor Platform for Raspberry Pi

Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:50 pm

Hi team!

the Cooking Hacks team is happy to announce the new development board we have been doing to use with Raspberry!

ImageImage

The e-Health Sensor Shield allows Raspberry Pi users to perform biometric and medical applications where body monitoring is needed by using 9 different sensors: pulse, oxygen in blood (SPO2), airflow (breathing), body temperature, electrocardiogram (ECG), glucometer, galvanic skin response (GSR - sweating), blood pressure (sphygmomanometer) and patient position (accelerometer).

This information can be used to monitor in real time the state of a patient or to get sensitive data in order to be subsequently analysed for medical diagnosis. Biometric information gathered can be wirelessly sent using any of the 6 connectivity options available: Wi-Fi, 3G, GPRS, Bluetooth, 802.15.4 and ZigBee depending on the application.

If real time image diagnosis is needed a camera can be attached to the 3G module in order to send photos and videos of the patient to a medical diagnosis center.

You will be able to connect this Sensor platform with your Raspberry Pi using our Raspberry Pi to Arduino Shields Connection Bridge.

Data can be sent to the Cloud in order to perform permanent storage or visualized in real time by sending the data directly to a laptop or Smartphone. iPhone and Android applications have been designed in order to easily see the patient's information.

Complete tutorial can be found here.

For further information or any question which may arise we will be pleased to help you.

Best.

Cooking Hacks Team

malakai

Re: e-Health Sensor Platform for Raspberry Pi

Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:51 pm

Looks fun. My wife is a Medical Assistant and I had a turn in Medical Coding finished up an internship at the UofU Dialysis clinic going to have to put this into my budget eventually. Do you have any US distributors if the list price were in USD I wouldn't have to wait so long. Either way this will have to become a hit product for you. Did a little write up for you on my site not a ton of traffic but I was just so excited had to spread the word.
http://www.raspians.com - always looking for content feel free to ask to have it posted. Or sign up and message me to become a contributor to the site. Raspians is not affiliated with the Raspberry Pi Foundation. (RPi's + You = Raspians)

enuui

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:36 pm

cool! Maybe this will help me out - I know little of the Pi, little Python, nothing about biometric data collecting, but I want to turn biometric data into input controls to generate music (using PureData or Max/MSP), and have multiple users connected via wi-fi to make music together (especially interested in dream, psychedelic and meditative states)

TSLoire

Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:18 pm

Hey Cooking Hacks, any chance of a Python Library for your e-Health shield any time soon? I know there is one for C++ but for beginners like me Python might be a little easier to use, especially since when a lot of people come to use the Pi and haven't done much coding of programs before they usually start off with Python (in my own experience). Have you seen any projects done with the e-Health shield/kit yet? Care to post some links up if you have?

Thanks for your time Cooking Hacks =D

piglet

Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:51 pm

This was listed today among the "The 2013 Dyson award shortlist" on the BBC site:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24480018

akaptt

Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:11 pm

Hello,

We have a project that needs to integrate an e-Health sensor platform with our Java based data collection application. I would like to host it on a Raspberry pi (with the connection bridge). Is there a raspberry pi compatible java API for the e-Health sensor platform?

DougieLawson

Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:48 pm

Java is Java regardless of the platform hosting it (unless you step into the land of the JNI (Java Native Interface)). So a jar or class compiled on any system should run OK on a Raspberry Pi. Hence the suggestion of "Write once, debug everywhere."
Microprocessor, Raspberry Pi & Arduino Hacker
Mainframe database troubleshooter
MQTT Evangelist
Twitter: @DougieLawson

Since 2012: 1B*5, 2B*2, B+, A+, Zero*2, 3B*3

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Do not send private messages.

akaptt

Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:11 am

DougieLawson wrote:Java is Java regardless of the platform hosting it (unless you step into the land of the JNI (Java Native Interface)). So a jar or class compiled on any system should run OK on a Raspberry Pi. Hence the suggestion of "Write once, debug everywhere."
I understand what Java is. The question is whether or not the vendor (or someone else) has written a Java API for their e-Health device. This would either involve JNI code or a Java library written on top of the already existing GPIO API which I seem to recall already exists in the Raspian version of linux.

Without either of those, I would need the detailed documentation of how the e-health sensors map to the GPIO API in Java so that I could develop my own driver.

Of course, all this can be figured out if I go out and buy all the stuff. I was just looking for some quick answers for initial planning and budgetary purposes to set some expectations before we start the project.

NOTE: Rereading my original post I think I need to clarify something. We do not have any java software for the e-Health device. We have a LAN based distributed application framework written in java for data collection and recording applications and the framework has run on a network of Raspberry PIs. We do not have any e-Health software of any kind, so this is not a question of whether or not our e-Health Java code written somewhere else can run on a PI. We haven't written any e-Health code for any platform and want to understand what we're up against if we want to use it in a Java based application.

unaventures

Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:37 am

akaptt wrote:We have a LAN based distributed application framework written in java for data collection and recording applications and the framework has run on a network of Raspberry PIs
Hello @akaptt I was wondering if you had any more recent news about linking your code to any ehealth sensore data or could direct me to samples of such Java ( or any other programming language) code ?

Thank you

ayinde

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:55 am

hi sir,
firstly thank for the article, but I would to know how developers could use this material to improve their project. because i'm actually trying to develop an Iot smart System for healtcare ( body sensors connected to raspbery pi ) then monitor by my own android app... it like you have done eveything ... any advice ?

saishruthi

Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:27 pm

Hi,

I would like to integrate Blood Pressure sensor to Raspi and use that value for processing.

Is that possible ? Is there any link which explains how to integrate with RasPi ?

Please, help !!!

Return to “For sale”