2Dsx

Re: STICKY: Using a Gert VGA 666 adapter - [HOWTO]

Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:31 pm

Hello everyone.
Before writing, I clarify that I do not buy any kit, I assembled it on my own, buying the resistances and mounting it on a protoboard.
Everything works perfect, except that gradients look weird.
The pure colors look perfect, when combining colors it looks like saturated, I attach images so that you understand what I'm talking about: https://imgur.com/a/pUodiQb.
I am using resistances of 5% tolerance, and I read in the manual that the 500 Ohms should be as close as possible, in this case I am using 470 Ohms, this interferes? Somebody could help me? I would appreciate it very much, greetings!

Burngate

Re: STICKY: Using a Gert VGA 666 adapter - [HOWTO]

Wed May 02, 2018 6:38 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by "gradients look weird", and your picture doesn't help me.

However, if you use non-ideal resistor values then, on a ramp from black to full red/green/blue, the 63 steps won't be identical in size.

The ideal resistor value should be 500R and Gert recommends 1%. That means anywhere from 495R to 505R
470R is 6% low, and so a 5% resistor could be 11% low (though may not be). However, you could add a 30R resistor in series if you want to be more accurate.

Return to “Beginners”