bob12603

lid (via VCHI initialization failed)

Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:44 pm

I am trying to get a simple web page working which will report the temperature of my RPi. But the web page gets "VCHI initialization failed". But the command "/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_temp" (like in a ssh session) works. It doesn't even need sudo.

So in my research I found that it would be a good idea to issue the command "lid -g video". But that fails with "Error initializing libuser: could not open configuration file `/etc/libuser.conf': No such file or directory." I tried to reinstall libuser to see if maybe there was an installation problem but just got " libuser is already the newest version."

I didn't doubt that there was no libuser.conf in /etc but none-the-less I verified that. And I've done searches related to the error message I am getting from lid but none of the hits look useful.

Any and all advice will be appreciated.

Bob

bob12603

Re: lid (via VCHI initialization failed)

Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:58 pm

PS to my original post above ... the web page is now working. I retraced my steps and evidently made some typo mistake and failed to see the error message. The lid command still fails.

Bob

nerdykit

Re: lid (via VCHI initialization failed)

Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:53 pm

Try this, it worked for me although I now have to run lid with sudo privileges...

sudo su
touch /etc/libuser.conf
chmod 777 /etc/libuser.conf
What me...?

Return to “Beginners”