Does your Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 work on your RasPi?

Yes, both the keyboard and touchpad work
86%
Yes, the keyboard works but the touchpad doesn't
3%
No, but the touchpad works
1%
No, neither the keyboard nor the touchpad work.
9%

Total votes: 88
Jessie

Re: Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400: Does it work for

Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:13 am

I've been useing this KB since the 256 MB rev1 days and never had issue with any distro. I have only ever had one app not like the touchpad and I emailed the dev and he was nice enough to fix it two days later.

camillo777

Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:11 pm

Hi I am using RaspBMC and it works ok!
The only problem is (do not know if it is solved now) after a reboot sometimes the communication between the keyboard and the Pi is not working; the solution is to reboot the Pi again (unfortunately by removing USB power).
Camillo

joshebosh

Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:12 am

Anybody have an answer for this one?
When I'm in X Window environment I the keys and mouse work normal,
When I log out and go to command line:

I get the UK pound (look like crooked L) on my shift+3 key and
when I type the backslash (\) key i get octothorpe (#) instead
and when I shift the same key for pipe (|) I get tilde (~) instead...

rparslow

Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:31 pm

joshebosh wrote:Anybody have an answer for this one?
When I'm in X Window environment I the keys and mouse work normal,
When I log out and go to command line:

I get the UK pound (look like crooked L) on my shift+3 key and
when I type the backslash (\) key i get octothorpe (#) instead
and when I shift the same key for pipe (|) I get tilde (~) instead...
sounds like you don't have the correct keyboard map picked, run raspiconfig and change to another one.
Richard
PI's : Model B V1: 128MB, 2 X Model B : 512MB, 2 X Zero v1.3, 3 Model B
2 X PiTFT Mini 2.8" TFT, 7" Touchscreen
PiBow Ninja Case, 2 TFT, Zero Camera,ModMyPi - 7" Touchscreen Case and Stand
IQaudio HAT DAC, Pimoroni pHat DAC

joshebosh

Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:17 pm

i've changed to several different key board types from usa to Uk english types, chose subtypes, even changed around the driver types like the generic 101,,4,and 5, and tried a few logitech cordless types.... i used:

Code: Select all

sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration 
to do it... i will try what you suggested...

..sometime later...

I'm using raspbian, and raspiconfig doesnt seem to present, nor did apt-cache search turn up any results... hmmm.... might have to try some individual key remapping...

Hannuh

Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:31 am

Hello,

I'm running the latest version of OpenELEC (5.0.0) on Raspberry Pi B+. The keyboard and touchpad on K400 seems to work fine. Just plugged in the usb dongle and then turned on the power.

sgriffith63

Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:24 pm

I have experienced no problems with the Logitech K400r keyboard on my PI 2. Try various keyboards in rasp-config.

kcallis

Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:43 am

I'm curious about which wireless keyboard should I pick when I change the keyboard to US? Unfortunately, no one added the K400 in the lineup?

soonerfan77

Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:33 pm

No issues with the K400 in the US on a PI 2 B ver 1.1 and raspbian.
Paired keyboard on laptop prior to trying on pi
Set keyboard to US logitech itouch

poppy42

Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:23 am

Work as soon as plugged in the receiver and turned the keyboard on. Everything should work this easy.

JFamily

Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:28 am

I've been using this keyboard for nearly 2 years on my windows media pc with no issues. Seriously, just changed the batteries for the first time last week. It is a very durable keyboard, we've knocked it off the couch or tables more than we could count. That said, the right click button has become very stubborn.

Plugged it in to my new Pi2 and it worked instantly. I have noticed 1 and possibly 2 problems:

1. Everytime I reboot the pi, I have to unplug the dongle and plug it back in. Pretty annoying. Infact, I found this thread while searching for a fix -- any tips would be appreciated!!
2. I'm not sure if the F1-12 keys work or not. I've only tried it while experiencing the kodi exit bug and attempting to switch to a console and keep forgetting to try it outside of kodi.

I had the problems that others have experienced (special keys resulting in the wrong symbols). This was fixed by generating and selecting the utf-8 keymap in raspi-config. Really wish someone would write a driver for it and merge it in, maybe that would fix the issue I'm having... I only read the first and part of the second page so far.

RasPi 2, turbo mode, 2 overvolt
Raspbian most recent build
5v 2A switching power supply
Fully functional keyboard (still need to test the fn keys)
Fully functional (multitouch!!) touchpad
Have to unplug and reseat the dongle at every reboot
I'm notoriously terrible at being concise.
RaspberryPi 3 / SanDisk Ultra 8GB Class 10 / Raspbian Jessie / Kodi v15.2
RaspberryPi 2 / SanDisk Ultra 8GB Class 10 / Raspbian Jessie / PleXMBC (wip)

stefy20026

Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:41 pm

k400 plus it works like normal keyboard (italian in my case) with 1 difference alt f4 (close window) is fn alt f4, ctrl alt f1 is fn ctrl alt f1 , for example if i press f3 switch windows, f4 open menu, according with symbols on the key.

mixup

Re: Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400: Does it work for you?

Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:30 pm

(Newbie) Yes, Logitech K400+ (German keyboard layout), worked straight out of the box, keyboard and track pad. I had the Pi booted up normally with a wired USB mouse and keyboard and just unplugged them, plugged the logitech "inifying receiver" into a Pi USB port, switched on the keyboard and I am now free from the desk :-)

jgeving

Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:11 am

I chose the Generic 104 keyboard with the US English option. Cleared up the issue described below.

Nr90 wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:04 pm
hellguide wrote:The @ key shows up as ", and the # key shows up as UK Pounds(as in money). Is anyone else having this issue with this keyboard and Debian squeeze?
The keyboard is set to UK.
I changed mine to US with euro on 5.

wh7qq

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:02 pm

The K400 worked out of the box on US English keyboard setting from Raspbian. I had some minor mix-up with the 105 key selection and reverted to the 101 and was ok. The thing that fooled me the worst was the stupid packaging arrangement: The development team designed a nice holder for the USB dongle in the battery compartment lid which is where you would logically look for such a device but the packaging engineering team just had to come up with something different and hid the USB dongle in the lid of the cardboard box, under a flap of opaque mylar tape that concealed it very well. I thought I had a keyboard with no way to connect to the RPi...much like a stone in the backyard.

I am not used to the touchpad for pointing...spoiled forever by a Logitech UltraX keyboard (out of print) and a M325 wireless mouse. Otherwise, it seems to be a nice little keyboard. Dam# Logitech for dropping the UltraX...I was able to score 2 more from eBay but they are really scarce, especially in the USB variant. The feel on the UltraX is fantastic and they seem to last forever (I hope).
Last edited by wh7qq on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

alphanumeric

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:36 pm

I've never had any problems using my K400 with Raspbian. I often move it from one Pi to another. The pairing with the Unifying dongle stays regardless of what device its used with. It should be already linked to the dongle that comes with it. I've linked and unlinked devices to my dongles in the past. Usually its unlinking a keyboard from a mouse keyboard combo, and then linking it to the dongle for my trackball. I do all that from my Windows box. My K400 is an English US layout and setting it to that gets all my keys working just fine.

Return to “Beginners”