mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Pictorial Buying Guide for A, B and B+

Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:21 am

NotARacistK wrote:
mahjongg wrote:
NotARacistK wrote: 8. VGA Converter BOX with EXTERNAL POWER SUPPLY
(BTW will a VGA Converter that draws power from HDMI Ports Work? This Box can draw directly from the Pi and I would love to use less power plugs.)
If you have a B+ then it will provide enough current to the HDMI port for cable powered adapters to work, on a B its a bit iffy, but no longer so on a B+
So I can use it to power a converter box? This takes 5V. (The AC adapter says 2.5A. I am a bit worried... (xd)
what AC adapter are you referring to?

No HDMI=>VGA converter box will need 2.5A! and even a B+ would not be able to supply 2.5A to it.

Just because a power supply can supply 2.5A does not mean that it will always output 2.5A! The load determines how much current it will draw, and the power supply can deliver it, up to a maximum (of 2.5A in this case).

NotARacistK

Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:44 pm

mahjongg wrote: -- snipped quote --

what AC adapter are you referring to?

No HDMI=>VGA converter box will need 2.5A! and even a B+ would not be able to supply 2.5A to it.

Just because a power supply can supply 2.5A means that it will output 2.5A! The load determines how much current it will draw, and the power supply can deliver it, up to a maximum (of 2.5A in this case).
Got it working, just don't connect it to a speaker, a wifi dongle, bluetooth dongle, USB -> PS/2 keyboard&Mouse without powered USB hub, HDMI-VGA converter, with a 0.7A power supply :D

Also, the power supply says D-Link. It's as generic as a generic microSD.

HW_Hacker

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 pm

OK, now I can see the buyers guide. I am new to this board. I hope to be an active contributor.

duzuike

Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:04 pm

What is a micro SD card ? Is it same with an Android phone micro SD card ? What is a full size micro SD card ?

Does all raspberry versions (A A+ B B+ and version 2) use same micro SD cards ?

Where can I see correct information ?

rpdom

Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:47 pm

duzuike wrote:What is a micro SD card ? Is it same with an Android phone micro SD card ? What is a full size micro SD card ?

Does all raspberry versions (A A+ B B+ and version 2) use same micro SD cards ?
A micro SD card is exactly the same as the microSD card I use in my Android phone

There is only one physical size of SD card and that is about 11mm x 16mm. They are available in many capacities.

You get full size SD (24mm x 32mm) cards or micro SD cards. There is no "full size micro" SD card.

The A+, B+ and B2 use micro SD cards.
The A and B use full size SD cards, or microSD cards in a full size adaptor.

johnniewalk

Re: Pictorial Buying Guide for the Raspberry Pi

Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:35 am

Great information has been posted, in that post for each and every thing you provide a description as well an suitable image, it's looks like a project presentation. Great work

malina pi

Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:06 am

The camcorder cable which is reported above in the post as tested and able to work (visit: http://www.amazon.com/Fosmon-Technology ... B00HND2FW8), actually doesn't work. The sleeves on a standard camcorder cable read in the following way (from the base to the tip): right audio, ground, video out, left audio. The sleeves on the cable by Fosmon Technology, which I purchased on amazon.ca in May 2016, are positioned in the following way (from the base to the tip): ground, left audio video out, right audio. The big issue is the location of ground. Please adjust this post to warn people about buying this product.

M_alktab

Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:35 pm

Hello there..
We would ask about device RASPBERRY PI 1 MODEL A+ if it can work between internet of things and amazon ec2 cloud and consul ( an open source tool) or not ? Because we have a project and we looking for the suitable device that can make amaze communication between those clouds.

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: STICKY: Pictorial Buying Guide for the Raspberry Pi

Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:24 pm

cleaned up some pictures (the ones that couldn't be reached anymore) replacing them with new external sources, preferably from a source like wikipedia. Also added the PI Zero-W. the pictorial buying guide needs regular maintenance. The AV cable shown now is from kiwi-electronics, and is guaranteed to work on a PI with an AV output connector. I also listed some places (adafruit and kiwi-electronics) where you can find AV cables guaranteed to work.

Return to “Beginners”