raspberrynewbie

Raspberry for Movies?

Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:03 pm

I bought a Raspberry Pi from a friend of a friend just to watch movies on connected to my tv.
It was working and now it won't work. It keeps saying Host Sight Down. For example, when I go to "Mash Up" to watch a movie it will say source site down or it says no search results found and I know there have to be results because there were before. I guess I just don't have a clue what I'm doing but a little guidance would be nice because I know nothing about codecs.
Thanks in advance.

DirkS

Re: Raspberry for Movies?

Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:47 pm

What software do you use to watch the movies?

It looks that you are streaming video from the Internet (?). Are you sure the connection is working?

Gr.
Dirk.

raspberrynewbie

Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:41 pm

I am sorry all I know is the box turns on to a dashboard - mine is set to confluence- and it says like videos, music, programs, pictures and system on the bottom. When I click on videos it offers me Mash Up( I'm guessing internet streaming) to watch movies, but then when I click on it all the time it says source site down even though I'm connected. :(. How do I make sure my internet is connected. Also, what all can my raspberry pi be used for for beginners who know nothing in the coding side? Thank you in advance.

forenbenutzer

Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:27 pm

Sounds like RaspBMC or XBMC?

First you could check your network connection on the system information page in XBMC.

Go to "Network" in this view.
Pitendo - Case And Emulator Project - http://edv-huber.com/index.php/problemloesungen/12-pitendo

raspberrynewbie

Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:37 pm

That's it! :). It says I'm not connected. However when I go to Programs> Raspmc Settings all my info is there. When I scan networks it doesn't show any wifi networks.

drgeoff

Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:28 pm

Has the Wi-Fi dongle fallen out?

Return to “Beginners”