MrSlinkyfish

Terminal off screen

Fri May 25, 2012 7:53 pm

I am using the Raspberry Pi on a standard definition TV. I have used frame buffer and overscan to get the image to fit the screen and have readable font. Due to the reduction in resolution, when running the desktop environment on Debian, the windows fall off the screen, this is strange because the panel across the bottom is clearly visible, having typed just a few lines of code, I find that I can no longer see what I am typing, as it is off the screen, after pressing the enter key a few times I can see that the code is there.

I believe that it isn't a problem with the screen resolution due to the fact that the whole desktop is visible, it is the windows (when maximised) that get cut off the screen.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

MrSlinkyfish

daviewales

Re: Terminal off screen

Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:52 am

Have you tried maximising the window? That should make it fill the available screen space... If that doesn't work, unmaximise it again, and hold down "alt". Then move the mouse over the edge of the window, and drag the window up past the top of the screen. This will allow you to use the resize the window using the bottom right corner. I have heard that you may have to increase the size before it will let you decrease it, so you might try that.

Return to “Beginners”