Ed Raket

Re: Working keyboard/touchpad combi

Thu May 10, 2012 4:48 pm

I have visited the wiki pages on compatible hardware, but i didn't found any "coolstuff" so i wondered if there are any nice small keyboard/touchpad combi's that work on the Pi...

Like;

http://www.logitech.com/nl-nl/.....vices/8276

Would the touchpad also work? i assume both the keyboard and the touchpad work tru 1 usb connection... any thoughts?

Rattor

Fri May 11, 2012 3:35 am

That is actually exactly what I'm using to command my RPi. It works quite well, and both the touchpad and the keyboard work flawlessly. Even the functionality of using 2 fingers on the touchpad to scroll up and down works flawlessly. Tap to click works, as does double-click. It also has the benefit of only taking up 1 of the USB slots.

Ed Raket

Fri May 11, 2012 6:52 am

He' thats great news, thx Rattor!

jonboy

Sat May 12, 2012 10:09 am

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Perixx.....f_se_p_t_2

plug and plays on the Debian distribution (I realise this is showing as out of stock, but I assume the similar ones would be worth a punt).

paulandjules

Sun May 13, 2012 7:21 am

I bought a rii Mini Wireless keyboard with Touchpad from Amazon in anticipation of getting my Pi - still several months away :(. I've tested it with WinXP and Vista and while it works well initially its behavour becomes quite erratic (randomly jumping back several web pages when you aren't even touching the thing). Not sure if this is as a result of the touchpad tap events (which I can't seem to disable) or whether its a faulty device. The cursor also seems to go on a go slow after a few minutes and I have to switch the keyboard off/on to get it going again.

Is anyone using these with their Pi, and if so have you found similar problems (and hopefully solutions).

Alternatively as with the OP, is there a recommended wireless combi (ideally compact for the living room)?

Cheers

nealk2k3

Wed May 23, 2012 3:08 pm

I have a Rii that I'm using with my Pi. It's one of the older ones that comes with a 2.4GHz adapter, i.e. it doesn't use bluetooth like the newer ones seem to. I get mixed results with it to be honest; the same as you there is a lot of erratic behaviour, presumably caused by interference. Sometimes it's fine and sometimes maybe 1 in 10 key presses register.
The worst thing I've found, that it has started doing a lot recently, is that the mouse cursor shoots to the bottom of the screen every time I touch the touchpad, so it's effectively just stuck there. I assume this is a problem with the Rii rather than the Pi, but it's hard to know for sure.
I can't really recommend it as a reliable solution I'm afraid. I bought it for light use when deploying the Pi as a media centre, just for typing the odd search and navigating a media interface. It will probably be good enough for that if the mouse issue sorts itself out.

Return to “Beginners”