wwwbot

Running owcloud and XBMC

Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:12 pm

Hello all,

I'm a newbie and just got my PI. Got it imported to India from UK, so quite excited.

What i was looking forward was to be able to run ownCLoud and XBMC media server.

I installed NOOB on an 8 GB SD card and setup Raspian.

However now I realize that while ownCloud runs on Raspian, and openelec/Raspbmc need their own distribution. Does this mean I can't run these two simultaneously and i will have to keep changing the SD card every time I want to run one of those?

Maybe i'm wrong...

Will appreciate any inputs.

Thanks,
apoorv

Oakham

Re: Running owcloud and XBMC

Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:04 pm

Searching is easy, most questions have been asked before !

wwwbot

Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:20 pm

Thanks much, that was helpful. However i've now realized running both (XBMC and owncloud) from one SD Card/instance makes it too slow to be of much use. So multiple cards it is now.

looni

Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:17 pm

Two years later I encountered the same problem with Raspberry Pi 2. I bought the RPi today thinking that it would be possible to install OpenELEC and ownCloud on Raspbian, but this does not seem to be the case. That link does not work anymore, so it does not help me.

I am very new to Linux and I would need help with setting up a cloud service and OpenELEC or something similar simultaneously. I hope that someone is able to help!

DonTV

Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:45 pm

I am new on Linux and Raspbian ... new or beast I don't know anything. But about OwnCloud search ( I don't know it's correct in this Forum post links) but search ... Simple OwnCloud on Raspberry Pi 2 it's full detailed

Return to “Beginners”