I didn't get my TL-WN725N (RTL8188EUS) working on my raspberry. Does anyone know if this is still working on Raspbian stretch
By the way: The provided links with the alternate hostapd are not working anymore, so i compiled it my self following this post: https://jenssegers.com/43/realtek-rtl81 ... spberry-pi
. But I don't see my AP.
UPDATE - 2019-02-10:
Yeah, I finally managed to create a working access point with the TL-WN725N.
It looks like the standard driver r8188eu for RTL8188EUS chipset from the package "firmware-realtek" is not working with hostapd on Raspbian Stretch. After lots of trial and error and using deprecated tutorials I found out, that hostapd is working with the driver from MrEngman. There is no patched hostapd necessary, simply update the driver for the wifi dongle. Here is what I did:
- First remove "firmware-realtek".
- Then install MrEngman's driver for the TL-WN725N. See this post for instructions: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... =0#p462982 (many thanks to MrEngman)
- Afterwards follow this tutorial: https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... s-point.md
- Voilà, the access should be working.
For completeness, here the facts about my Raspberry system:
- HW: Rasbperry Pi 1 Mod. B
- OS: Raspbian Stretch
- uname -a: Linux raspberrypi 4.14.79+ #1159 Sun Nov 4 17:28:08 GMT 2018 armv6l GNU/Linux
- wifi dongle: TL-WN725N, ID 0bda:8179 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8188EUS 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter