texy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Hi, I am locked out and I do not know how to fix my pass

Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:23 am

npigden wrote:First Day after a 3 week denial that I can do this! Did I play with the password accidentally when I was checking the screen asking about time zones and locations? Please tell me how do I re set the password so the I can at least get started? Thank you.
Hi,
you have another post referring to the keyboard you are using that may be a factor. However if you do think you have changed your password inadvertently, may there was other changes you did also, so why not just start off afresh with fresh OS on your SD card?
Texy
Various male/female 40- and 26-way GPIO header for sale here ( IDEAL FOR YOUR PiZero ):
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=147682#p971555

vivek_kumar

Re: How to start using your Raspberry Pi

Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:50 am

how could i install raspbian OS without internet connection? is it possible or not?

lanman

Re: Getting Started with the Raspberry Pi

Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:01 am

Hi All
I have just powered up my first Pi and it seems to be stuck on 83 % on the install of raspbian is this normal
kind regards

davenull

Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:32 pm

vivek_kumar wrote:how could i install raspbian OS without internet connection? is it possible or not?
you can simply install it using a NOOB SD card. It just installs the basic features, but it will run.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/noobs/

Anyway, for updates and upgrades and accesories you will need internet compellingly.
#define S sqrt(t+2*i*i)<2
#define F(a,b) for(a=0;a<b;++a)
float x,y,r,i,s,j,t,n;int main(){F(y,64){F(x,99){r=i=t=0;s=x/33-2;j=y/32-1;F(n,50&S){t=r*r-i*i;i=2*r*i+j;r=t+s;}if(S){PointOut(x,y);}}}for(;;);}

davenull

Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:33 pm

lanman wrote:Hi All
I have just powered up my first Pi and it seems to be stuck on 83 % on the install of raspbian is this normal
kind regards
which Pi?
did you use NOOBS SD?
if not: do it!
https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/noobs/
float x,y,r,i,s,j,t,n;int main(){F(y,64){F(x,99){r=i=t=0;s=x/33-2;j=y/32-1;F(n,50&S){t=r*r-i*i;i=2*r*i+j;r=t+s;}if(S){PointOut(x,y);}}}for(;;);}

openloopx

Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:21 pm

I haven't used my Pi for some time and I am now trying to update the software with NOOBS using the £4 SD card supposedly offered by SWAG. However as the SWAG website makes no mention of this card, I thought I would download the software and program my own SD card. Unfortunately, as I am running XP, I would also need the KB955704 update which Microsoft are no longer providing, having terminated support for XP. Any ideas on how to proceed?

GTR2Fan

Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:26 pm

openloopx wrote:Unfortunately, as I am running XP, I would also need the KB955704 update...
Why?
Pi2B Mini-PC/Media Centre: ARM=1GHz (+3), Core=500MHz, v3d=500MHz, h264=333MHz, RAM=DDR2-1200 (+6/+4/+4+schmoo). Sandisk Ultra HC-I 32GB microSD card on '50=100' OCed slot (42MB/s read) running Raspbian/KODI16, Seagate 3.5" 1.5TB HDD mass storage.

openloopx

Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:42 pm

The specified "SD Formatter 4.0" requires XP to have this update. My version of XP seems to have every update except this one!

GTR2Fan

Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:51 pm

openloopx wrote:The specified "SD Formatter 4.0" requires XP to have this update. My version of XP seems to have every update except this one!
Oh. That's a bit of a blow! Do you not have a digital camera you can format the card in? That usually works just as well.
Pi2B Mini-PC/Media Centre: ARM=1GHz (+3), Core=500MHz, v3d=500MHz, h264=333MHz, RAM=DDR2-1200 (+6/+4/+4+schmoo). Sandisk Ultra HC-I 32GB microSD card on '50=100' OCed slot (42MB/s read) running Raspbian/KODI16, Seagate 3.5" 1.5TB HDD mass storage.

davenull

Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:58 pm

I'm using XP, too, and for deleting all Linux partitions I'm using this SDFormatter which works very well!
http://www.computerbild.de/?dl=1

Re-Formatting works fine with the standard XP format cmd.

Here is link to my older version of the SD formatter zip file:
http://www.mindstormsforum.de/viewtopic ... 770#p67770

openloopx

Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:24 pm

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I don't have a digital camera and I'm trying to decipher the suggested download links, but I'm struggling with the German!

Perhaps I will just try the standard XP format command which I have used previously.

brokensocialscne

Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:52 am

Hi there,

I bought a Raspberry Pi 2 a few weeks ago but can’t get it to work. I plug it into the wall, put in my 64 GB micro sd card with N00Bs on it after formatting the sd card with the recommended formatter (also tried formatting and putting on just Raspien OS image file on sd card), and plug it into my monitor, but nothing happens (monitor does not detect it). I tried on multiple monitors and TVs with different output types/adapters, but still nothing. The Raspberry Pi is on with the red light, and the green light flashes, but that’s it. I am stumped…please help!

Best,
Peter

nilerun

Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:36 am

I'm logged in to Pi, but the Raspian desktop does not show. How do I get it?

DirkS

Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:08 am

nilerun wrote:I'm logged in to Pi, but the Raspian desktop does not show. How do I get it?
What *do* you see? Command line (terminal window), black screen, ...?
How did you log in? Using keyboard + monitor connected to Pi? Remote log in with SSH or VNC?

Balthazar54

Wifi setup for Rpi 3

Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:39 pm

Haven't played with my B card in several years, I now have a 7 year old grandson who has some autistic symptoms staying with us. I got him a Pi 3 to see if he's interested in modifying or building the computer games he spends his time on (in between frustration fits). He is a wiz at Minecraft, I figure getting him to modify that would be a good start.

Anyway, I see the card now has wifi, can someone point me to a link on setting it up? The forum search engine won't accept wifi because it is too common.

At least I won't have to use vi, wouldn't know a regular expression anymore if it bit me.
Question: linux != tanstaafl ?

DirkS

Re: Wifi setup for Rpi 3

Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:49 pm

Balthazar54 wrote:Anyway, I see the card now has wifi, can someone point me to a link on setting it up? The forum search engine won't accept wifi because it is too common.
Assuming you have installed the latest Raspbian (Noobs or image) then it *should* be straightforward.
See https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... /README.md

If that doesn't work then it's best to create a new topic in 'Troubleshooting', describing the problem in as much details as possible

Sunil Kumar h n

Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:44 am

How to start or install the raspberry pi using laptop windows 7

Tom Davies

Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:06 pm

mahjongg wrote:perhaps booting a Live CD with Gparted on it will help people to remove the partitions.

Isn't there a simple windows app to remove all partitions on a SD-Card ?

Hi :)
I think the problem is that Windows is blind to partitions used by Linux, Mac, Bsd and all the rest. While most other Operating Systems can happily handle each other's partitions (as well as being able to handle MS's too) Microsquish has cleverly limited Windows to be blind to anything other than it's own.

There are programs such as Cygwin that bring Gnu&Linuxy functionality to Windows but they are disapproved of by the Microsquish world. It's probably better to run a proper Linux (or an improper one such as Android or a sister/brother such as Mac or Bsd or whatnot) inside a virtual machine if you are stuck in the 'wonderful' world of Windows. Virtualbox is free and more than adequate, even quite good despite being made by Oracle.

Regards from
Tom :)

matt4010

Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:34 pm

I'm getting a system file curropt. And tells me to shut down the PI.

I'm running pi3 with a Samsung Evo 32g and NOOBS. I've formatted with as format, and extracted and drag drop to my micro using my lap
Tops reader. I'm almost thinking maybe it's the micro, because my green lights only flicker for 2-3 seconds than nothing.

matt4010

Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:24 pm

A new sandisk 16g took care of the problem. Last time I buy from eBay.

davenull

Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:21 am

you may get a faulty SD card from anywhere. Ebay is as safe at either market place or shop. Just care of buying exclusively with Paypal, for consumer protection. Of my over all 1000 Ebay transactions just a couple of them - perhaps a dozen - caused a complaint, but then all of the issues had been cleared unhesitatingly by a refund or a substitute/replacement.

garnetflint

Tue May 17, 2016 6:50 pm

Ok, I have recently received a Raspberry Pi3. I have two questions (and they may be related).
I have successfully installed Raspian and it auto boots to the Desktop....Sometimes. I have had to unplu and replug 2-3 times before the boot process starts (green light flashes). After that things work fine. I am pretty sure it shouldn't require 2 unpluggings to get iit to boot. Any ideas what might be happening?

Secondly, I have read that you need to use "sudu halt" to shut off the Pi, but the Desktop offers a Shutdown/Reboot/Cancel option. If I use this option it appears to shut down fine but...see above. So the question here is whether I can use the GUI to shut down the Pi or do I need to use the command line?

I said the two might be related because if I am shutting down impropperly perhaps the boot issues could be explained by that.

Thanks for any assistance in advance...

tbron1313

Tue May 31, 2016 8:17 pm

I currently have a Macbook Air and I was wondering if its possible to connect it to a Raspberry Pi before I buy one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kusti8

Tue May 31, 2016 8:26 pm

tbron1313 wrote:I currently have a Macbook Air and I was wondering if its possible to connect it to a Raspberry Pi before I buy one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sure. Just connect your Pi with a Ethernet cable (with the right adapter) and turn on Internet Sharing in Settings/Sharing. SSH in and install tightvnc and VNC in.
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.

weridoo

Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:57 am

hi evry one
my problem is a i install ububntu mate in my sd card for raspberry pi 3 but i dont have monitor and linux os in my laptop i can conact to raspbian with my laptop to monitor os but i can not conact to ubuntu mate with my ethernet cable but ssh in ububntu mate not runing someone help me to solve my problem i have tablet but i dont any hdmi or hdmi to vga cable evry thin i have laptop with windows 10 (dont have linux os) and ethernet cable and tablet..please help

Return to “Beginners”