cdduvall

Networking the Pi through a win7 box with tethered 3g?

Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:22 pm

Ok, here is my problem, I want internet access on my Raspberry Pi through my home network.

My Pi is currently running Kali Linux. I am fairly new to linux so this could be easier than I am making it out to be. My desktop is currently running windows 7 and connected to the internet via a usb tether connection via my android smartphone. It is a boost mobile phone so, I have to use a program called PDAnet to tether it. I have a wireless router that connects to my windows machine using an ethernet cable, which also has an ethernet cable connected to my raspberry pi. What I am trying to do is create a connection to the internet through my router, then through my windows machine, to the internet via my android smartphone....is this possible? I know it is...but how?? I am stumped. Someone please help me out.

cdduvall

Re: Networking the Pi through a win7 box with tethered 3g?

Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:38 pm

Apparently this is trickier than I thought...I know that the two interfaces that connect the pi and the win7 box must be on a different subnet from the interface connected to the Internet, but I still haven't worked out all the details...any help at all would be appreciated.

Return to “Beginners”