Hi.. I ran PiCloner from the terminal and still got access denied?
I did what was suggested in the PiWriter Readme file for the PiCloner tool:
1) Make a copy of the PiCloner.app and name it PiClonerAdmin.app
2) Right click PiClonerAdmin.app and select "Show Package Contents"
3) Navigate to Content/Resources in the Finder window that pops-up
4) Double click AppSettings.plist. The config editor will open it
5) Check the box next to 'RequiresAdminPrivileges'
6) Save the file and your ready to run as Admin
7) Remember to only run as admin when there is no better option!!
When I ran the app it asked me for my Admin Password and it copying my disk now. I'll let you know how it works for me.
I've played with dd on the Mac a bit. That was on OS 10.6.8. I couldn't get a disk to boot using it. It would start loading and then hang. I've got the latest OS now, and haven't tried it yet, but if this works than I'll be happy enough to stay away from dd.