Shashwat Gupta
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:24 pm

I need some help with rsspberry pi 3

Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:34 pm

I have a question that my speakers with 3.5 mm audio jack and on the raspberry pi 3 there is a audio jack. So is it necessary to buy a converter of hdmi to vga with audio jack ? Or is it ok with a normal converter of hdmi to vga?
Please tell if there will be any problems if i use any converter
which one will you recommend? For a vga monitor (pi 3b+ or pi4)

Regards
Shashwat

User avatar
pasdechance
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:27 pm
Location: France
Contact: Website

Re: I need some help with rsspberry pi 3

Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:54 pm

If you have external speakers you can plug them into the jack and it should work. You just need to change the audio out options in the OS.
pasdechance
English/French
Debian, Arch, Manjaro, Raspberry Pi OS, LibreElec

User avatar
mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 13675
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:19 am
Location: South Holland, The Netherlands

Re: I need some help with rsspberry pi 3

Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:58 pm

The analog audio jack does not have enough power to drive (raw) speakers, directly (without an amplifier) the analog output level is intended for earbuds, not speakers.

please read the pictorial buyers guide sticky post in beginners viewtopic.php?f=91&t=83446

Shashwat Gupta
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:24 pm

Re: I need some help with rsspberry pi 3

Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:37 pm

The raw speakers have a plug for power and audio jack

Shashwat Gupta
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:24 pm

Re: I need some help with rsspberry pi 3

Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:38 pm

And please tell whether i can use a pi 3 or 4 for vga monitor
And if raspberry pi 3 then can i ise a conveter of hdmi to vga without audio jack
And will there any issues ??

User avatar
pasdechance
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:27 pm
Location: France
Contact: Website

Re: I need some help with rsspberry pi 3

Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:41 pm

Shashwat Gupta wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:37 pm
The raw speakers have a plug for power and audio jack
So they are computer speakers or bookshelf speakers? It should be OK...but...if you get the adapter that HDMI and audio the quality will be a little better (someone can correct me if I am wrong on that one, I have only ever used the HDMI audio with my pis).
pasdechance
English/French
Debian, Arch, Manjaro, Raspberry Pi OS, LibreElec

Shashwat Gupta
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:24 pm

Re: I need some help with rsspberry pi 3

Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:45 pm

They are book shelf speakers with a power plug and audio jack
Yes i can buy a hdmi to vga converter with audio jack
Just tell that will there be any issues while i use the raspberry pi 3

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 25693
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: I need some help with rsspberry pi 3

Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:08 pm

Shashwat Gupta wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:45 pm
They are book shelf speakers with a power plug and audio jack
Yes i can buy a hdmi to vga converter with audio jack
Just tell that will there be any issues while i use the raspberry pi 3

You can use either type of HDMi - VGA convertors with or without Audio separation:

https://thepihut.com/products/raspberry ... -convertor

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NIAGUOJI-Adapt ... B08DTNZSFP

If you use the on-board Audio Output you need configure for correct output, HDMi is the default:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... -config.md
Last edited by fruitoftheloom on Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The information is out there....you just have to let it in.

My other Linux machines are a ChromeBox & Intel CoreDuo Desktop

Shashwat Gupta
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:24 pm

Re: I need some help with rsspberry pi 3

Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:52 pm

Can you explain that how will a vga to hdmi with AUDIO JACK WORK??
Because my speakers have a 3.5mm audio jack and if I buy a converter which has audio in it then how will i connect to my speakers because the aux wire which will be coming with the converter cannot be connected to my speakers as it have A audio jack (which cannot be removed)And a power supply with it

User avatar
RaTTuS
Posts: 10740
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:12 am
Location: North West UK
Contact: Twitter YouTube

Re: I need some help with rsspberry pi 3

Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:59 pm

the PIHut links above will convert the HDMI output of the RPi to VGA and extract the audio strea to the 3.5mm audio jack - you then take an audio to audio lead and plug it from the adapter to your speakers
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 25693
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: I need some help with rsspberry pi 3

Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:02 pm

Shashwat Gupta wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:52 pm
Can you explain that how will a vga to hdmi with AUDIO JACK WORK??
Because my speakers have a 3.5mm audio jack and if I buy a converter which has audio in it then how will i connect to my speakers because the aux wire which will be coming with the converter cannot be connected to my speakers as it have A audio jack (which cannot be removed)And a power supply with it

You just plug the Speakers 3.5mm Jack into the Convertor, as above stated the Convertor undertakes the separation of Audio and Video.
The information is out there....you just have to let it in.

My other Linux machines are a ChromeBox & Intel CoreDuo Desktop

Shashwat Gupta
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:24 pm

Re: I need some help with rsspberry pi 3

Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:19 pm

So the aux cable which will be provided with the converter have not to be used instead, directly plug the 3.5 mm audio jack into the slot of the HDMI to VGA converter .

Am I right ??
I think this is what you are telling right ?????

Shashwat Gupta
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:24 pm

Re: I need some help with rsspberry pi 3

Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:49 am

Please tell that am i telling right(in the last message)????

User avatar
RaTTuS
Posts: 10740
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:12 am
Location: North West UK
Contact: Twitter YouTube

Re: I need some help with rsspberry pi 3

Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:41 am

which converter have you got ?
post links to everything you have as we cannot see what is on your desk
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 25693
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: I need some help with rsspberry pi 3

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:48 pm

Shashwat Gupta wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:19 pm
So the aux cable which will be provided with the converter have not to be used instead, directly plug the 3.5 mm audio jack into the slot of the HDMI to VGA converter .

Am I right ??
I think this is what you are telling right ?????

Yes ;)
The information is out there....you just have to let it in.

My other Linux machines are a ChromeBox & Intel CoreDuo Desktop

Shashwat Gupta
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:24 pm

Re: I need some help with rsspberry pi 3

Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:20 pm

RaTTuS wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:41 am
which converter have you got ?
post links to everything you have as we cannot see what is on your desk
I am buying this converter(attached below)
And i have a audio jack which is attached and cannot be replaced with aux cable(which is image of converter)
And
I wanted to ask that can i directly plug-in the audio jack (into the prot of the converter)(without aux cable which is provided with raspberry pi hdmi to vga converter
Attachments
20201203_194000.jpg
This the prot of the converter which i am telling above
20201203_194000.jpg (4.39 KiB) Viewed 392 times
20201203_194025.jpg
And this is the converter
20201203_194025.jpg (95.75 KiB) Viewed 392 times
20201203_194250.jpg
This is audio jack of my speaker
20201203_194250.jpg (68.3 KiB) Viewed 392 times

Shashwat Gupta
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:24 pm

Re: I need some help with raspberry pi 3

Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:57 pm

Tell me if you dont understood the above message

I will explain in a better way
Last edited by Shashwat Gupta on Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dragontail281
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:56 pm

Re: I need some help with rsspberry pi 3

Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:42 pm

You should be able to find a cable that has female connectors on both ends
Then you just use it between the adapter and your speakers..
RPI3B+ - Raspberry Pi OS -general "playing" and/or RetroPi
RPI0W#1 - MotionEyeOS - yard surveillance
RPI0W#2 - Driveway gate monitor - coming soon
RPI0W#3 - ?????

Shashwat Gupta
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:24 pm

Re: I need some help with rsspberry pi 3

Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:06 am

Ok
Will try

Shashwat Gupta
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:24 pm

Re: I need some help with rsspberry pi 3

Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:44 am

There is no female vga to female HDMI converter

There is only male HDMI to female vga
Please reply

Regards

User avatar
RaTTuS
Posts: 10740
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:12 am
Location: North West UK
Contact: Twitter YouTube

Re: I need some help with rsspberry pi 3

Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:41 am

How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

Shashwat Gupta
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:24 pm

Re: I need some help with rsspberry pi 3

Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:29 am

RaTTuS wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:41 am
I'm not sure what your asking but things like
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32851328158.html ?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000056029541.html ?
may help ?
sir i was telling that i have a vga monitor and on the raspberry pi 3 there"s a hdmi port only so i have to use a converter called hdmi to vga converter right??
some body was telling that i should purchase the converter which is capable of converting vga to hdmi with a Audio port (hdmi to vga with audio converter) so that i dont have any problems .
but
the speAKERS i have is "attached" with a audio jack and it cannot be removed (from the speakers} and i have the only option to use speakers by connecting the audio jack {on the raspberry pi 3 audio port} and i have also dont have the option to connect a aux cable into my speakers
so my question was-

That can i directly connect the audio jack of my speakers into the port of the converter{image attached below} instead of using a aux cable??

please reply
regards
Attachments
IMG-20201204-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20201204-WA0007.jpg (4.34 KiB) Viewed 222 times
IMG-20201204-WA0006~2.jpg
IMG-20201204-WA0006~2.jpg (79.34 KiB) Viewed 222 times

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 25693
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: I need some help with rsspberry pi 3

Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:37 am

Shashwat Gupta wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:29 am
RaTTuS wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:41 am
I'm not sure what your asking but things like
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32851328158.html ?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000056029541.html ?
may help ?
sir i was telling that i have a vga monitor and on the raspberry pi 3 there"s a hdmi port only so i have to use a converter called hdmi to vga converter right??
some body was telling that i should purchase the converter which is capable of converting vga to hdmi with a Audio port (hdmi to vga with audio converter) so that i dont have any problems .
but
the speAKERS i have is "attached" with a audio jack and it cannot be removed (from the speakers} and i have the only option to use speakers by connecting the audio jack {on the raspberry pi 3 audio port} and i have also dont have the option to connect a aux cable into my speakers
so my question was-

That can i directly connect the audio jack of my speakers into the port of the converter{image attached below} instead of using a aux cable??

please reply
regards

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=293157#p1772159
The information is out there....you just have to let it in.

My other Linux machines are a ChromeBox & Intel CoreDuo Desktop

Shashwat Gupta
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:24 pm

Re: I need some help with rsspberry pi 3

Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:22 am

Please reply anyone

Shashwat Gupta
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:24 pm

Re: I need some help with rsspberry pi 3

Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:23 am

fruitoftheloom wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:37 am
Shashwat Gupta wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:29 am
RaTTuS wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:41 am
I'm not sure what your asking but things like
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32851328158.html ?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000056029541.html ?
may help ?
sir i was telling that i have a vga monitor and on the raspberry pi 3 there"s a hdmi port only so i have to use a converter called hdmi to vga converter right??
some body was telling that i should purchase the converter which is capable of converting vga to hdmi with a Audio port (hdmi to vga with audio converter) so that i dont have any problems .
but
the speAKERS i have is "attached" with a audio jack and it cannot be removed (from the speakers} and i have the only option to use speakers by connecting the audio jack {on the raspberry pi 3 audio port} and i have also dont have the option to connect a aux cable into my speakers
so my question was-

That can i directly connect the audio jack of my speakers into the port of the converter{image attached below} instead of using a aux cable??

please reply
regards

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=293157#p1772159
Sir you are sure ??

Return to “Beginners”