kasek

Pi hole problem with connection

Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:51 pm

So I’ve had my puhole running for a few months now no issues. Last night all of a sudden I had no internet on my phone or iPad. I changed my DNs back to the automatic and worked fine. I was checking on the pi this morning and found it had shut it self down or got turned off, I rebooted and now it won’t connect to wifi. I’ve tried reentering the password but it just keeps trying to connect any ideas?

pcmanbob

Re: Pi hole problem with connection

Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:30 pm

I would suggest you shut the pi down and any other PC / device then reboot your router , let it complete the reboot then try your pi again.
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

kasek

Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:10 pm

Ok I’ll give that a try when I get home thanks, I had rebooted the pi not the router. It’s weird though because every other device connects no problem

kasek

Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:32 am

pcmanbob wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:30 pm
I would suggest you shut the pi down and any other PC / device then reboot your router , let it complete the reboot then try your pi again.
Rebooted pi, router and my pc same thing the wifi icon just flashes up the bars like it’s trying to connect but never does. And websites say the site can’t be reached

Edit: if I connect to the upstairs wifi network it’ll connect the zero to wifi but then the pie hole doesn’t work. When I change my DNs on the iPad the internet stops working on the iPad.

pcmanbob

Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:02 am

If you have 2 wifi networks did you reboot both access points and the router ?
We want information… information… information........................no information no help

kasek

Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:41 pm

pcmanbob wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:02 am
If you have 2 wifi networks did you reboot both access points and the router ?
I did yes

pcmanbob

Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:41 pm

If you can connect to the other WiFi network then it suggests that your pi's WiFi is working.

You might try renaming your your wpa_supplicant to some thing else and creating a new one just incase it had become corrupted when your pi was switched off suddenly.

kasek

Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:08 am

pcmanbob wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:41 pm
If you can connect to the other WiFi network then it suggests that your pi's WiFi is working.

You might try renaming your your wpa_supplicant to some thing else and creating a new one just incase it had become corrupted when your pi was switched off suddenly.
I thought I might have to reset the whole thing..... was hoping that wasn’t the case

Inform8n

Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:14 pm

I switched to a new wifi network so I decided to freshen up my pi by doing a clean os install and new pi-hole install... and I am having the exact same issue. I even re-imaged my pi zero w, reinstalled pi-hole... Works fine until it's restarted the first time. Perhaps it's a bug in the latest release?

Return to “Beginners”