DeeZii
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:11 am

Problem with USB Hub on a Pi Zero

Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:54 am

Hello everyone

I recently bought a USB hub for my Pi Zero and the Pi Zero restart each time when I plug a keyboard or a mouse. And it didn’t recognize it and today I’m asking you if someone had this problem with this hub and most important have the solution to get it working.

I bought it on Amazon. There is the link to the product.

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07TBK ... UTF8&psc=1

So, let me know if someone had this problem or if I need an other HUB that is compatible with the Pi !

PS : Sorry for my English ! 😉

PhatFil
Posts: 1670
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:55 pm
Location: Oxford UK

Re: Problem with USB Hub on a Pi Zero

Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:14 pm

its a known issue.. viewtopic.php?t=189921

as for the hub to use to avoid the problem? No Offence intended.. You will probably have the best results using a branded hub that conforms to standards rather than a cheaper unbranded option

DeeZii
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:11 am

Re: Problem with USB Hub on a Pi Zero

Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:57 pm

Thanks for the answer I will try if it dose not work I will buy a branded one

ejolson
Posts: 5140
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Problem with USB Hub on a Pi Zero

Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:26 pm

DeeZii wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:57 pm
Thanks for the answer I will try if it dose not work I will buy a branded one
Is the recommended solution a powered hub or a better supply for the Zero?

alphanumeric
Posts: 2513
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:17 pm
Location: Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Problem with USB Hub on a Pi Zero

Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:37 pm

I'm currently using this very similar hub with My Pi Zero's with no issues. No reboots when pluging and unpluging USB devices from the Hub. Plugging the Hub in after the Pi boots up will likely make it reboot though. I just make sure its plugged in before powering up.
https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/thre ... -connector

DeeZii
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:11 am

Re: Problem with USB Hub on a Pi Zero

Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:04 am

alphanumeric wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:37 pm
I'm currently using this very similar hub with My Pi Zero's with no issues. No reboots when pluging and unpluging USB devices from the Hub. Plugging the Hub in after the Pi boots up will likely make it reboot though. I just make sure its plugged in before powering up.
https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/thre ... -connector
Well I will order this one then to try, if it will not work I will have to keep using my wireless keyboard and mouse in one ! x)

User avatar
Imperf3kt
Posts: 3566
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:16 am
Location: Australia

Re: Problem with USB Hub on a Pi Zero

Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:44 pm

ejolson wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:26 pm
DeeZii wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:57 pm
Thanks for the answer I will try if it dose not work I will buy a branded one
Is the recommended solution a powered hub or a better supply for the Zero?
The recommended solution is to not hot plug usb devices on a Pi Zero (or A model)

Plug in everything you need, before you boot.
55:55:44:44:4C
52:4C:52:42:41

Return to “Beginners”