Double L

Thank You :-)

Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:15 am

Since the summer, I have been using my Raspberry Pi 4B as my only computer at home. Yesterday it dawned on me that this might be the only product, electrical or otherwise, that performs better now than when I bought it :D

So I just wanted to say thank you to all the people involved in making the Raspberry Pi, Raspbian and all the free updates that come along with it :D :)

Gavinmc42

Re: Thank You :-)

Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:11 am

So you don't have a Tesla then?

It is interesting that hardware is so advanced it takes ages for the software people to get better at using it.
This is nothing new, but it does seem very important these days.
I'm dancing on Rainbows.
Raspberries are not Apples or Oranges

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:44 am

Double L wrote:
Since the summer, I have been using my Raspberry Pi 4B as my only computer at home. Yesterday it dawned on me that this might be the only product, electrical or otherwise, that performs better now than when I bought it :D

So I just wanted to say thank you to all the people involved in making the Raspberry Pi, Raspbian and all the free updates that come along with it :D :)
Thanks!
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed.
I've been saying "Mucho" to my Spanish friend a lot more lately. It means a lot to him.

bensimmo

Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:55 am

Double L is right though, I used the new imager to create a new image. (Reported problems I noticed, it is a new program)

Popped it in my Pi4 and it's ticking along nicely. I've *not* attached my fan I used to have attached. (It's been a few month since last proper use now).
Setup procedure worked.
Programs run.
Nice.
Great job fixing all the little things.

Can't we just leave it as a nice thanks topic. :-)

gordon77

Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:10 am

Double L wrote:

You may find this with other electronics with software in them eg cameras, TVs etc, where they can add new features (and fix bugs) later :D

Agreed the Pi gets better :D

alphanumeric

Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:46 am

Ditto to the OP's comments in the first post. Really liking my Pi 4B. Will be ordering a second 4B in a few days. I want to wait and see if anything happens on 3.14 2020 before I place my order. ;)

JohnsUPS

Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:17 am

Yes - Kudos.

I obtained an extra Pi at work and repurposed it as an additional desktop (have it displaying a web page generated by another Pi incidentally), and it is much snappier at displaying web content than some of my other desktop PC's :-)

jamesh

Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:03 pm

alphanumeric wrote:
Ditto to the OP's comments in the first post. Really liking my Pi 4B. Will be ordering a second 4B in a few days. I want to wait and see if anything happens on 3.14 2020 before I place my order. ;)
If it's a Pi4 you want, the recent price drop is the news there. I doubt there will be anything Pi4 related on Pi day.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed.
I've been saying "Mucho" to my Spanish friend a lot more lately. It means a lot to him.

alphanumeric

Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:15 pm

jamesh wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:03 pm
alphanumeric wrote:
If it's a Pi4 you want, the recent price drop is the news there. I doubt there will be anything Pi4 related on Pi day.
Yeah I know, I want to wait and see if Pimoroni do a sale or some other promotion in honor of Pi day. I'll be buying another 4 gig Pi 4B and some other bits of Pi stuff. They do stuff like get X % discount on any orders over X amount from time to time.

Return to “Beginners”