bluenote

sharing a bluetooth keyboard, without tearing hair out?

Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:40 pm

Hey folks

So, as some of you might, I have several devices in the living room. Up until lately, I had kind of a mess of wireless mini keyboards and remotes that take each their own dongles. I got a little sick of that, so I thought maybe I can get everything to use a little bluetooth keyboard I have. The problem is, aside from re-pairing, there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to tell the keyboard to go ahead and either connect to the next device that it is paired with, or disconnect with current device. IOW, I don't seem to be able to reliably toggle which device is connected without using other keyboards to re-pair.

Is this normal? This seems like such basic functionality, but maybe my expectations are too high to want a "toggle connection" button or something on the keyboard itself.

Thanks

Paeryn

Re: sharing a bluetooth keyboard, without tearing hair out?

Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:26 am

bluenote wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:39 pm
Pmub
Err, what?

As to the question about swapping a keyboard between multiple hosts, pretty much your keyboard has to support such a facility. I know Logitech make some e.g. the K780 which allows you to pair with three hosts and lets you switch which hosts it connects to.

Most generic keyboards only save the last paired host key so switching means you have to go through the pairing sequence each time you want to use a different host.
She who travels light — forgot something.

Return to “Beginners”