peejaygee

Needing an Android controlling RPI to stream .pls audio stream to BlueTooth speaker.

Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:49 am

Hey All,

Looking for some guidance, direction, instructions for a current thought I've had.

So, at the moment, I've got a Windows box (not connected to a monitor), with Remote Launcher Server and MPC-HC, the box is configured so when I turn on my Bluetooth speaker, I can then start MPC using RLS and my audio I have streaming in the house pumps through over the LAN to the speaker.

I've been thinking about replacing the old windows machine and getting a Raspberry Pi (probably a 3b+) and trying the same on that, it's smaller, it uses less power and the windows box is only doing that one thing.

Any ideas, suggestions, software I could use, I was thinking a Linux install, but as I'm a windows user, I'd need a step-by-step guide I could follow to get it all setup. (if there is an alternative to Linux, i.e. a pre-built image that will do all this, I'm up for that also)

The main thing would be, auto connect to Bluetooth speaker, once the speaker is turned on (as it's rechargeable, so can't be left on all the time) and be able to turn on and off the audio playback from my cell phone. And when it is controlled by the cell phone to be able to choice between two different audio volumes at start up, one at like 35% and one at like 75% (Basically I have audio in the shower, and I have to have it on a low volume early in the morning getting ready for work, to avoid waking the wife)

Is this possible using a Raspberry Pi, if so, were should I start?

Thanks for your time.
PJ.

dustnbone

Re: Needing an Android controlling RPI to stream .pls audio stream to BlueTooth speaker.

Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:36 am

Check out Volumino

https://volumio.org/volumio-overview/

It does most of what you want out of the box, and can be set up for Bluetooth output pretty easily.

peejaygee

Re: Needing an Android controlling RPI to stream .pls audio stream to BlueTooth speaker.

Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:45 am

dustnbone wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:36 am
Check out Volumino

https://volumio.org/volumio-overview/

It does most of what you want out of the box, and can be set up for Bluetooth output pretty easily.
Thanks for this, I'll have a read about it and see if it's something I can use.

Return to “Beginners”