liudr

Is this the correct way to use mini-UART on BT and PL011 UART on pins 14/15?

Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:49 pm

I only need PL011 UART on pins 14/15 to talk with arduino in my project so I disabled bt, enabled hardware serial, and disabled serial console. This works but something else is breaking my system, causing wifi to refuse to connect, which might be related to BT being considered as a network interface but disabled so it can't be raised.

So I'm trying to use mini-UART for BT just to keep whatever isn't happy happy again and continue to use PL011 UART for my project. Here is what I thought I should do according to this reference:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... on/uart.md

pi3-miniuart-bt

Just have it in config.txt and follow the instruction:

It is also necessary to edit /lib/systemd/system/hciuart.service and
replace ttyAMA0 with ttyS0, unless you have a system with udev rules
that create /dev/serial0 and /dev/serial1, in which case use /dev/serial1
instead because it will always be correct.

But I've also read that mini uart relies on the VPU and I need to fix its frequency. Is this no longer required? The pi3-miniuart-bt overlay has not mentioned any frequency. Is it just one simple line or is more needed? Thanks.
Arduino data loggers, user interface, printed circuit board designer since 2009, RPI 3B 2B 2B Zero Jessie, assembly/C/C++/java/python programmer since the 80's

liudr

Re: Is this the correct way to use mini-UART on BT and PL011 UART on pins 14/15?

Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:05 am

Can someone with device tree experience check please? Thanks.
Arduino data loggers, user interface, printed circuit board designer since 2009, RPI 3B 2B 2B Zero Jessie, assembly/C/C++/java/python programmer since the 80's

Return to “Beginners”