Asmondeus

Using a Pi 2B for remotely Audio Recording

Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:38 pm

Hello!
Any DIY guides of how to turn ur PI 2b into a recording device via antennas (as in creating a radio-station), so that i can record unto the SDCARD from a distance?

All ideas welcome.

Nothing like spionage as CIA FBI etc, but i know it is possible... To BUG IT! :lol: :lol: :P

epoch1970

Re: Using a Pi 2B for remotely Audio Recording

Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:57 pm

Well for starters you need to add an audio capture device, there is no microphone on a Pi.

After that is it certainly possibly to stream over the network what the microphone captures, like streaming audio from a file.
Which means the Pi needs to be on a network somehow, a LAN or Internet.

Once this is all done another machine on the same network could aim at the Pi's network address and listen to the stream.

It's hard work to be an Agent :)

Also, you do not mention latency, i.e. the time span between a sound being captured by the microphone and its rendition by speakers on the other machine.
Considering encoding and streaming requirements, plus network delays/reliability, and decoding at the other side, I would expect a delay that measures in seconds, perhaps tens of seconds. Radio stations buffer a minute or so to allow the local client to ride over short network glitches.
"S'il n'y a pas de solution, c'est qu'il n'y a pas de problème." Les Shadoks, J. Rouxel

Return to “Beginners”