ArsenD

PWM

Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:32 pm

Hello,

Is there an option to control 2 motors that connected with H-Bridge to the RPi via Arduino with PWM?

Does someone have an experience with this?

Thanks a lot!

B.Goode

Re: PWM

Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:25 pm

ArsenD wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:32 pm
Hello,

Is there an option to control 2 motors that connected with H-Bridge to the RPi via Arduino with PWM?

Does someone have an experience with this?

Thanks a lot!

If the question were simply: "Is there an option to control 2 motors that are connected with H-Bridge to the RPi with PWM? " the answer would be an equally simple "Yes".

Where does the Arduino feature in your plans?

Anthony S

Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:05 pm

There are several ways to generate precise PWM signals using the Raspberry Pi, but Arduino?.........are you sure you're on the right forum?

ArsenD

Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:46 pm

Yes my friend.
I’m controlling one other motor of another sub-system with arduino nano, and I have another sub-system, a robot with a camera, that Im controlling with a wireless keyboard right now.
BUT, I want to change the control on this robot to be by particular pins on the arduino that will send some value of voltage to the pins on the raspberry pi( that connected to the motors of the robot) and generate a code that will know to recognize this voltage and thus turn the motors the way I define it.

B.Goode

Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:59 pm

I want to change the control on this robot to be by particular pins on the arduino that will send some value of voltage to the pins on the raspberry pi

All the 26 gpio pins on a Raspberry Pi board are digital. If you need to process "some value of voltage" you will need to add some form of external analog-to-digital (ADC) conversion.

Perhaps that conversion could be done on the Arduino and only the resulting on/off signal passed back to the RPi board?

Return to “Beginners”