nhaberer

PI3B+ with CS2 photo boot printer and CUPS 2.2.1 plus gutenprint 5.2.14 test-page printing problem

Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:34 pm

Hi guys, so are there any progresses in setting up a cs2 to an Raspberry Pi?
I'm trying to build a photobooth for a wedding. This photobooth is powered by an Raspberry Pi 3B+. I've installed the latest version of Raspbian on the Pi. I've installed the latest versions of cups (2.2.1) and gutenprint (5.2.14) and followed this instructions:
http://www.peachyphotos.com/blog/posts/ ... /#comments

Everything worked fine until I want to print the test-page. I've got the following error:

INFO: Attempting to load image processing library
INFO: Image processing library successfully loaded
INFO: Printing started (1 copies)
INFO: Converting Packed RGB to Planar YMC
Segmentation fault

I've also tried to set up the printer in cups and everything worked but when it comes to print the test-page the following error occurs:

"Backend failed"

Has someone got the printer to work with an Raspberry Pi?
Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Greetings
nhaberer

fruitoftheloom

Re: PI3B+ with CS2 photo boot printer and CUPS 2.2.1 plus gutenprint 5.2.14 test-page printing problem

Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:29 pm

nhaberer wrote:
I'm trying to build a photobooth for a wedding. This photobooth is powered by an Raspberry Pi 3B+. I've installed the latest version of Raspbian on the Pi. I've installed the latest versions of cups (2.2.1) and gutenprint (5.2.14) and followed this instructions:

Everything worked fine until I want to print the test-page. I've got the following error:

Segmentation fault

I've also tried to set up the printer in cups and everything worked but when it comes to print the test-page the following error occurs:

"Backend failed"

Greetings
nhaberer

Those instruction are 3 year old and does not state if the libS6145ImageReProcess is suitable for Debian ARMHF Operating System

What happens if only install the packages from the Raspbian Stretch repositories on a fresh virgin install of Raspbian Stretch ?

Code: Select all

sudo apt update
sudo apt install printer-driver-gutenprint system-config-printer
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

nhaberer

Re: PI3B+ with CS2 photo boot printer and CUPS 2.2.1 plus gutenprint 5.2.14 test-page printing problem

Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:40 am

fruitoftheloom wrote:
nhaberer wrote:

Segmentation fault

"Backend failed"

Greetings
nhaberer

Those instruction are 3 year old and does not state if the libS6145ImageReProcess is suitable for Debian ARMHF Operating System

What happens if only install the packages from the Raspbian Stretch repositories on a fresh virgin install of Raspbian Stretch ?

sudo apt update
Hi fruitoftheloom,

Thanks a lot for your fast and correct answer! Was much more easier than I expected... :oops: :lol: :lol:
I've only run your commands and added the printer in cups and it works with the latest Raspbian! 8-)
Thanks again!

Greetings
nhaberer

fruitoftheloom

Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:04 am

nhaberer wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:40 am
fruitoftheloom wrote:
nhaberer wrote:

Segmentation fault

"Backend failed"

Greetings
nhaberer

sudo apt update
Hi fruitoftheloom,

Thanks a lot for your fast and correct answer! Was much more easier than I expected... :oops: :lol: :lol:
I've only run your commands and added the printer in cups and it works with the latest Raspbian! 8-)
Thanks again!

Greetings
nhaberer

That is good news and another printer natively supported.

I now use the system-config-printer GUI as it is more logically laid out than the CUPS interface
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

Return to “Beginners”