nhaberer

PI3B+ with CS2 photo boot printer and CUPS 2.2.1 plus gutenprint 5.2.14 test-page printing problem

Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:34 pm

Hi guys, so are there any progresses in setting up a cs2 to an Raspberry Pi?
I'm trying to build a photobooth for a wedding. This photobooth is powered by an Raspberry Pi 3B+. I've installed the latest version of Raspbian on the Pi. I've installed the latest versions of cups (2.2.1) and gutenprint (5.2.14) and followed this instructions:
http://www.peachyphotos.com/blog/posts/ ... /#comments

Everything worked fine until I want to print the test-page. I've got the following error:

INFO: Attempting to load image processing library
INFO: Image processing library successfully loaded
INFO: Printing started (1 copies)
INFO: Converting Packed RGB to Planar YMC
Segmentation fault

I've also tried to set up the printer in cups and everything worked but when it comes to print the test-page the following error occurs:

"Backend failed"

Has someone got the printer to work with an Raspberry Pi?
Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Greetings
nhaberer

fruitoftheloom

Re: PI3B+ with CS2 photo boot printer and CUPS 2.2.1 plus gutenprint 5.2.14 test-page printing problem

Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:29 pm

nhaberer wrote:
I'm trying to build a photobooth for a wedding. This photobooth is powered by an Raspberry Pi 3B+. I've installed the latest version of Raspbian on the Pi. I've installed the latest versions of cups (2.2.1) and gutenprint (5.2.14) and followed this instructions:

Everything worked fine until I want to print the test-page. I've got the following error:

Segmentation fault

I've also tried to set up the printer in cups and everything worked but when it comes to print the test-page the following error occurs:

"Backend failed"

Greetings
nhaberer

Those instruction are 3 year old and does not state if the libS6145ImageReProcess is suitable for Debian ARMHF Operating System

What happens if only install the packages from the Raspbian Stretch repositories on a fresh virgin install of Raspbian Stretch ?

Code: Select all

sudo apt update
sudo apt install printer-driver-gutenprint system-config-printer
adieu

My other Computer is an Asus CS10 ChromeBit running Chrome Operating System.
HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer supported by HPLIP software in Raspbian Buster.
Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1

nhaberer

Re: PI3B+ with CS2 photo boot printer and CUPS 2.2.1 plus gutenprint 5.2.14 test-page printing problem

Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:40 am

fruitoftheloom wrote:
nhaberer wrote:

Segmentation fault

"Backend failed"

Greetings
nhaberer

Those instruction are 3 year old and does not state if the libS6145ImageReProcess is suitable for Debian ARMHF Operating System

What happens if only install the packages from the Raspbian Stretch repositories on a fresh virgin install of Raspbian Stretch ?

sudo apt update
Hi fruitoftheloom,

Thanks a lot for your fast and correct answer! Was much more easier than I expected... :oops: :lol: :lol:
I've only run your commands and added the printer in cups and it works with the latest Raspbian! 8-)
Thanks again!

Greetings
nhaberer

fruitoftheloom

Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:04 am

nhaberer wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:40 am
fruitoftheloom wrote:
nhaberer wrote:

Segmentation fault

"Backend failed"

Greetings
nhaberer

sudo apt update
Hi fruitoftheloom,

Thanks a lot for your fast and correct answer! Was much more easier than I expected... :oops: :lol: :lol:
I've only run your commands and added the printer in cups and it works with the latest Raspbian! 8-)
Thanks again!

Greetings
nhaberer

That is good news and another printer natively supported.

I now use the system-config-printer GUI as it is more logically laid out than the CUPS interface
adieu

My other Computer is an Asus CS10 ChromeBit running Chrome Operating System.
HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer supported by HPLIP software in Raspbian Buster.
Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1

Return to “Beginners”