LearnPi

install camera drive

Thu May 16, 2019 11:12 am

Hello:
I need help.
Now I can boot up Raspberry PI 3 B+. the next I will connect a Raspberry PI camera. Today I purchase the camera and will receive it in 2~3 days. I read the document <How to install/use the Raspberry PI camera>. It says: <......4. From the prompt, run "sudo raspi-config"......>.. Could someone walk me through how I can find the prompt. Is it similar to PC DOS command? Where I can get the prompt?

Another question: our mechanical engineer says the Raspberry PI camera has a print circuit board which takes too much space and they have difficulty to mount the camera lens. they suggest to use e_CAM52A_MI5640_MOD camera. Is Raspberry BI camera drive compatible to this camera? If not, I guess I need to install the new drive. Please tell me the procedure to install a new camera drive, because I am new and don't know how to operate Raspberry PI SBC?
Thank you so much.
Regards;
Learn PI
Thanks.
LearnPI

topguy

Re: install camera drive

Thu May 16, 2019 2:02 pm

You can access the command line interface ( aka: console aka: command prompt ) by opening a terminal from the desktop menu. ( LxTerminal I think its called )

You should give us a link to a datasheet for the other camera, googling the name does not give me a clear answer about what module that is.

LearnPi

Re: install camera drive

Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:36 pm

Hello:
Thank you for your help .
Sorry for response late. I am on vacation and just back to work.
I haven't purchased the camera yet and don't have the datasheet now.
Now I have trouble to boot PI again ( I submit a separated post today) . After I etch Raspbian OS to the pre-load NOOB SD card and my first PI works, I purchased 3 sets of Raspberry pi 3 B+ from PI Shop. Today at beginning, it bootsed up. I entered all info it asked, it moved smoothly. Finally it said <restart>. However after restart, I got a black screen, and the green LED didn't blink. I switched the SD card between this PI and the working PI, this PI is still no good and the working one is still good. I suspect the new pi is damaged. Then I am afraid to try the other 2.
Many thanks.
LearnPI

Return to “Beginners”