Leafgard

[Cheetsheet] - Headless Raspberry Pi setup with Stretch

Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:01 pm

Hello,

I am a young french engineering student at CESI Strasbourg, and I am using Raspberry Pi for some years.
I love setting my raspberry pi up headlessly, so I decided to write some tips/explanations on how to do that.

Here is the link to the repository where my cheetsheet is: https://github.com/Leafgard/rpi-init

I hope you'll like it, and don't hesitate to star or make an issue is something is wrong (f.e. my english explanations) or a pull request to add something !

Have a nice day ! :D

Andyroo

Re: [Cheetsheet] - Headless Raspberry Pi setup with Stretch

Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi,

I must set up an account on GITHUB for adding things back :oops: Very neat and compact.

One minor bit:

You have not mentioned Balena Etcher for creating SD cards. This is the most solid option I have found and does not need the image unzipping or the SD card formatting before writing.

fbe

Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:00 pm

Congratulations! You have figured out how to create a project on GitHub.
Now its time to explain the miracle, how to open a terminal on a headless Raspberry Pi...
... or to try to figure out, how to remove a project on GitHub.

There is no "/boot directory" that you can access from a Windows machine to create wpa_supplicant.conf and ssh files.

Andyroo

Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:02 pm

fbe wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:00 pm
Congratulations! You have figured out how to create a project on GitHub.
Now its time to explain the miracle, how to open a terminal on a headless Raspberry Pi...
... or to try to figure out, how to remove a project on GitHub.

There is no "/boot directory" that you can access from a Windows machine to create wpa_supplicant.conf and ssh files.
Technically on a Mac it appears as /Volumes/boot and on a PC as a drive called boot when the SD card is in a reader :lol:

Return to “Beginners”