Finch47

Finding small monitors

Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:54 am

Hey guys, I'm new to the use of raspberrypis, and am currently setting up a KaliPi so i do pen testing on my own systems. My set up went well but now im lacking a monitor. I found the one linked in the post but looking for other suggestions. Any help in finding a monitor is appreciated.

https://www.amazon.com/Raspberry-320x48 ... 0173&psc=1

B.Goode

Re: Finding small monitors

Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:18 am

Welcome to the Raspberry Pi forums.

Pretty much any HDMI monitor will work with an RPi board.

Or the Raspberry Pi Foundation have their own display with its own dedicated connection: https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/ra ... h-display/

What are the constraints on your choice that makes this difficult?

k-pi

Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:21 am

If you want a 'normal' small monitor, take a look at Eyoyo, I have 3 of them in different sizes.

Finch47

Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:08 pm

Biggest contraint in portability and money. Like I said in my first post, im using thia as a mobile pen test machine.

knute

Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:34 am

Waveshare makes some nice little screens. I've got a touch screen that is the same dimensions as the Pi and works great. Guess it kind of depends on what you want to show.

What is pen testing?

DougieLawson

Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:32 am

Pen[extraction] testing is ethical hacking where a client gives you an id on a system with the privileges of a regular or restricted user. The goal is to see if you can elevate those privileges to a superuser or access resources that should be protected.

It's a way to beat your head against a wall without the physical pain. It's incredibly frustrating trying things and getting nowhere. The likelihood of finding a backdoor on a well secured system is very low. The systems I've tested have both been done after a full scale security audit and remedial changes.

On the ones I've done on mainframe database systems I've produced violations that have tripped the clients trip-wires and revoked my access to the system.

Failing to break a system is just as satisfying as breaking in.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

knute

Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:23 pm

Thanks!

Return to “Beginners”