Im an ABSOLUTE noob on the linux subject.. I have only tried it very few times so i hope you will help me as i dont understand much about it
I thought that a good way if learning it would be by buying a RPi .. I love the device !
But i want to do a few things with (if possible ofcourse)
1. - Can i somehow get both a XBMC and Raspbian to run on it ? So like XBMC is a program that i launch from the desktop ? Or maybe even dual boot ?
2. - Can you recommend a torrent program ? Maybe one that runs in XBMC ?
3. - XBMC is able to render YouTube videos. However i would love to be able to watch youtube videos like in the browser with playlists and so on (basicly the same layout) can the little fella handle that somehow ?
4. - When i first got Raspbian on the device i was confused about not being able to install any programs with a GUI only through Terminal. So i tried downloading Synaptic through Terminal with the "apt-get install synaptic" command and it did download it, but it doesnt seem to work as good as apt-get .. In other words, is it possible to get a GUI Package Installer that works as good as apt ?
5. - I have managed to get VLC to Raspbian running, but it wont run videos well.. Is there a way to get this to work with full hd movies ? Maybe with another player (any recommendations) ?
Hope thats it .. I might ask more questions but thats it for now !