I was searching the net and the forums for an answer to my situation but I haven't found any... so here it is:
I just ordered my Rasperry Pi sometime ago and I want to use it as a media center. I also have a WD Elements HDD 2TB (3.5" / external power supply) that will be used as the repository for the media files.
I want to install the Raspbmc client and I want to use my mobile device/tablet as an input device (so no mouse/keyboard).
I was looking for a remote control app either for Android (best option) or for iOS (iPhone 4). I wanted to use a Bluetooth connection, but unfortunately it seems to me that no app has the option to function "out-of-the-box" on BT... you need to install some Java client on the RPi/Raspbmc.
The second option would be to connect it via wireless to my network (I have a Trendnet TEW-624UB USB wireless adapter - hope it's working with this setup) and use the remote devices over my home LAN. However, for me it's not the best option.
Anyway, I was stuck with the 2 options:
- (prefered) to find a BT compatible app and use a BT adapter directly with Rpi or
- to use the not-so elegant method of the wireless LAN.
So, I have some questions:
1. do you know any BT remote compatible app (Android/iOS) that will work with this?
2. is the Trendnet TEW-624UB USB wireless adapter compatible with Rpi/Raspbmc? (I checked this list - http://elinux.org/RPi_VerifiedPeriphera ... i_Adapters - and I haven't found it there)
3. do I need a powered USB hub for the wireless adapter?
That's about it for now!
THX for your - incoming - help