PioPio

ssh'ing into headless Pi model 3 with Raspbian Stretch Lite, permission denied when typing password.

Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:53 pm

Hey all, newbie here. I recently set up my headless pi with Raspbian SL, then went ahead and create the ssh extension in order to access from my terminal mac but when i type the password: raspberry, it keeps failing on me with >permission denied, try again.

I was reading that this can be fix with a monitor and access the -/etc/ssh/sshd_config file.- i have no idea whats that, then finally changing -passwordauthentication yes-

Can anyone explain how to do all that LIKE IM 5 without a monitor? is that even possible?

Thanks in advanced and happy to join you all.

robjak

Re: ssh'ing into headless Pi model 3 with Raspbian Stretch Lite, permission denied when typing password.

Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:58 am

what do you mean by "create the ssh extension " ?

robjak

Re: ssh'ing into headless Pi model 3 with Raspbian Stretch Lite, permission denied when typing password.

Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:25 am

How are you connecting the PI to your Mac? LAN, WLAN, or USB?

fruitoftheloom

Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:27 am

PioPio wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:53 pm
Hey all, newbie here. I recently set up my headless pi with Raspbian SL, then went ahead and create the ssh extension in order to access from my terminal mac but when i type the password: raspberry, it keeps failing on me with >permission denied, try again.

I was reading that this can be fix with a monitor and access the -/etc/ssh/sshd_config file.- i have no idea whats that, then finally changing -passwordauthentication yes-

Can anyone explain how to do all that LIKE IM 5 without a monitor? is that even possible?

Thanks in advanced and happy to join you all.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... /README.md
Thinking outside the box is better than burying your head in the sand...

Return to “Beginners”