smumpy

Anybody use Adafruit's Easy Install script for the 2.8" resistive display?

Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:08 am

Basically I have installed, wiped and re-installed several times. Each time it works relatively well, OS displays on the 2.8" screen on most start ups; sometimes I have to wipe and reinstall as it just goes to black and does not work, other times it works fine. It's a little finicky. However, my biggest issue is that I cannot get the touchscreen to work. I have followed the instructions but it just isn't working plain and simple. I still need to install evtest and begin testing but I thought I would throw it out there and see if anyone had any idea of working through this? Thanks in advance.

I am using 2.8" Adafruit Resistive display, it is hooked up to a Raspberry Pi zero and running latest Raspbian Stretch.

smumpy

Re: Anybody use Adafruit's Easy Install script for the 2.8" resistive display?

Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:49 pm

Update: installed evtest, tested, not even detecting touch inputs. still no idea why, my next idea is to test it by leaving the rotation at its default setting and seeing if the touchscreen works. If it does then I know that the touchscreen is in fact working just need to calibrate it to the new rotation. will update after I test.

Return to “Beginners”