nebulloyd

Re: clone sd card?

Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:53 pm

Hey,

Sorry to hijack with a total noob question but I think it's similar in principle, but I have exhausted resources trying to find an answer to this.

Basically I want to set up a RPi so that it automatically copies data from any USB device that is plugged into it. This is for use in situations where I need to free up data from devices like my GPS or camera CF cards that usually require a computer with a screen. The main reason is to do away with lugging my laptop into the forest with me and providing the means to keep it charged without mains.

My ideal situation is to run an RPi from a portable powerbank, then plug in the GPS the RPi signals (with a light?) when it's finished copying. I turn off RPi and then battery, then disconnect GPS. Finally I can clear all user data on the GPS.

I would really appreciate at least a nudge in the right direction with this, so far I've gotten nowhere...
RPi 3B
Macbook Pro 2011

liudr

Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:00 am

Like you said, it has nothing to do with the OP. You should start a new thread. And, I don't have an answer to your question. Sorry.
Arduino data loggers, user interface, printed circuit board designer since 2009, RPI 3B 2B 2B Zero Jessie, assembly/C/C++/java/python programmer since the 80's

preetyjess01

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:38 am

Yes, its possible. I also did like this. Firstly, I don't have idea about how to clone a raspberry pi sd card. therefore, I researched many blogs and articles regarding this. Then, many people suggest me cloning steps. You should try this, surely you get best solution from this. Thanks.

Return to “Beginners”