gemminiss

Restore Recovery Partition as Boot Partition

Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:27 am

Hello Everyone.

First of all, my linux skills are very low!!.

My respberry was working perfectly, so I decided to make à back-up of the SD (I took the SD out of the rasp, and did the image with Win32img).

But since I put the SD back into the rasp, I'm having one error while booting-up, it gets stuck at one line. (. failed to start set console font and keymap)

But If I boot in recovery mode (pressing Shift key), It boots up perfectly as before and all my programs run well.

Then the question is: can I simply replace the current Boot partition with the recovery one?, how? (and then delete the one corrupted)

I've tried many things But I can't fix the above error, that's why I I'm triying à workaroud.. :roll:

Tylersuard

Re: Restore Recovery Partition as Boot Partition

Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:53 am

In my short experience, the SD card gets F'd up all the time.

I just reformat it using the SD reformat tool (google it) and then reflash.

In your situation I would try to find another sd card and make sure your backup image works before you reformat your current one.

gemminiss

Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:28 am

Thanks. I appreciate your dvise.

Finally I installed a fresh stretch img. And I installed all my programs again. Painful..but now all works like a marvel

To avoid this sdcard-out / sd card-in problems, i'll look for a solution wich automatically backs the sdcard up onto à usb pen drive without removing the sdcard.

I've seen some tutorials but I need some time to read and understand.

The sd-card out/in was the fastests for me :)

fruitoftheloom

Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:48 am

gemminiss wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:28 am
Thanks. I appreciate your dvise.

Finally I installed a fresh stretch img. And I installed all my programs again. Painful..but now all works like a marvel

To avoid this sdcard-out / sd card-in problems, i'll look for a solution wich automatically backs the sdcard up onto à usb pen drive without removing the sdcard.

I've seen some tutorials but I need some time to read and understand.

The sd-card out/in was the fastests for me :)

Raspbian Stretch with Desktop includes SD Card Copier, just purchase a USB Card Reader and a SD Card. Then just a matter of swapping cards.
Adieu

Return to “Beginners”