StarGazer91

Raspberry Pi wifi desktop stream/control?

Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:48 pm

Hello all!

So recently in my college course, we got given some Raspberry Pi 3B's.

Its a nifty little computer, but I hate having to swap out my monitor cable to use it, and thus being unable to use my main rig at all.

I was wondering if there was a way to

1) Have the Pi host itself as a router, so my computer can connect to it wirelessly.
2)Send the Pi's video output to my main computer, and control it with my mouse and keyboard, ala Teamviewer.

The reason why I wanna use the Pi as the wifi host, is so I don't need a router at all. Just plug it into a battery bank and work away on my main, or even my laptop.

Thanks in advanced to any replies. SERIOUSLY hoping this is possible, as it'd making things so much damn easier.

fruitoftheloom

Re: Raspberry Pi wifi desktop stream/control?

Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:28 am

StarGazer91 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:48 pm
Hello all!

So recently in my college course, we got given some Raspberry Pi 3B's.

Its a nifty little computer, but I hate having to swap out my monitor cable to use it, and thus being unable to use my main rig at all.

I was wondering if there was a way to

1) Have the Pi host itself as a router, so my computer can connect to it wirelessly.
2)Send the Pi's video output to my main computer, and control it with my mouse and keyboard, ala Teamviewer.

The reason why I wanna use the Pi as the wifi host, is so I don't need a router at all. Just plug it into a battery bank and work away on my main, or even my laptop.

Thanks in advanced to any replies. SERIOUSLY hoping this is possible, as it'd making things so much damn easier.

The Raspberry Pi Foundations Website has a lot of documentation relating to the RPi SBC running Raspbian Stretch OS, such as:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... s-point.md

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... /README.md
Adieu

StarGazer91

Re: Raspberry Pi wifi desktop stream/control?

Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:36 pm

Thank you for the response, I was trying a few different things I had found through google, but none of those documents you sent me. I'll give them a try tonight. :)

Return to “Beginners”