Tez1

How do I compile SharingService.exe (x64) for ARM processors on the Raspberry Pi

Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:39 am

Hey guys,

I have a sharingservice.exe which successfully connects 2 hololens into a local network using my local machine on Windows. Now I want to build the same executable file on the Raspberry Pi, but the problem is Windows is for the Intel x64 architecture while the Raspberry Pi has the ARM architecture so the sharingservice.exe is not compatible.

The 'HoloToolkit-Master' package on GitHub states that the sharing package can support ARM processors but my question is how or what do I need to do? Sorry I am new to this type of programming and really want to achieve this task.

https://github.com/Microsoft/MixedReali ... er/Sharing

I have found (or think I have) the source code libraries and files written in c++ for the sharing service and there is also the solution file. Within VS I can 'build' for ARM but that gives me errors, at this point I do not know what to do and need help and there isn't anything online too. Which files do I change or how do I build for ARM?

Alternatively, how can I run a .exe on the Raspberry Pi or convert a x64 to run on ARM architecture. I just need the sharingservice.exe a console which displays ips, connections, etc to appear on the Raspberry Pi.

I could use ExaGear but want that to be the last resort and not sure if that will even work.

It works on my windows so I just copy pasted the .exe and the .bat or batch file into the Pi OS but at this point there is nothing I can do unless I convert them.

Thanks

RaTTuS

Re: How do I compile SharingService.exe (x64) for ARM processors on the Raspberry Pi

Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:55 am

probably not easily
the whole thing will need to be designed in such a way so that it does not use windows stuff
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

Tez1

Re: How do I compile SharingService.exe (x64) for ARM processors on the Raspberry Pi

Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:09 am

Hey RaTTus, i found a folder in the holotoolkit package called bin > Debug > ARM
The ARM folder has 4 folders, 3 of them are empty and one folder 'SessionManagerUniversal.UI' has multiple dlls

Can I do anything with this?

I opened the project file, tried to build for 'ARM' which failed, erorrs like cannot find file or cannot open file
I specifically opened the SharingService file and tried to build that, fail too

I truly wish there was an easy way to just build or convert an .exe file into Raspberry Pi :( Sadly not enough or any tutorials too.I will keep trying and if I find a solution will let you know

thanks so much

markkuk

Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:48 am

If you manage to compile the code for Windows on ARM it still won't run on a Raspberry Pi. Windows for IoT can't run Win32 applications, and Raspbian or other Linux distributions won't run any Windows software.

Return to “Beginners”