xl97

RasPi Camera & Adobe Flash (verification test request)

Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:43 pm

Disclaimer:

Yes I know everyone hates Macromedia/Adobe Flash.
Yes I know support is all but dead.

Now that, that is out of the way...

I was checking out some flash apps using the Chromium browser the other day.. and was VERY surprised to see that it rendered and displayed the flash apps correct without issue!

This brought back an OLD project I had entertained off and on... about using a Flash app for an HUD 'overlay' type of effect.

Basically in Flash you can have a camera object and have it turn on (with prompt from what I recall) the locally installed webcam, and display the 'feed' in your flash .swf file/app

Now, knowing that Flash is still (sorta) supported in current version of Chromium, .. I am curious as how/if the Pi camera will work with these Flash apps that use the webcam objects?

Can anyone confirm or deny this works?

Here is on-line Flash app with camera object in it...

(used just so anyone with a pi cam can test perhaps?)
https://www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-te ... obe-flash/

So to summarize, can anyone prove one way or another, that the Raspberry Pi Cam module DOES or DOES NOT work with Adobe Flash/Video object?

I know it plays 'videos' (like older YouTube vids..etc)... and 'animations' ..... but can it see/recognize & utilize the RPi camera?

Thanks!
Last edited by xl97 on Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xl97

Re: RasPi Camera & Adobe Flash

Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:54 pm

^ bump.

Anybody? Nobody has a Pi cam and can check out the link above for me please? Or better yet.. both, a Pi cam.. and a regular USB webcam attempt? (Do Pi's even support/work with regular USB webcams even?)

I have neither to test with.. but I will order one if someone can confirm it works initially.

Thanks!

xl97

Re: RasPi Camera & Adobe Flash (verification test request)

Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:21 pm

^ bump.. any kind hearted soul out there with a cam (pi cam or regular usb cam)..

Can you 'please' check out the link above and see if the camera view is activated? (or if you are prompted to do so in the browser)

99+ views? And nobody has a Pi-Cam? Or a webcam setup on their Pi's??

Why check this thread out if no camera? Its a post for help! LOL

Thanks!

Return to “Beginners”