RichInTheUSA

Bluetooth support different between Pi3B and Pi0W?

Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:54 pm

Hi, I loaded the latest version of raspbian (via noobs) on my Pi3B... and as it booted up for the first time, my bluetooth connected logitech keyboard and mouse worked like a champ! I had the bluetooth nub connected to one of the USB ports. Couldn't be happier.

However, loaded the same image on a different SD card and installed on my Pi0W. Connected the same nub as above to the Pi0W using the USB converter cable to bring it down to the "micro" size. As it booted up for the first time, my bluetooth connected logitech keyboard and mouse did not work.

Does the Pi0W require a USB connected mouse & keyboard? Should the logitech keyboard have worked the same on both Pi's??

Thanks in advance.

Douglas6

Re: Bluetooth support different between Pi3B and Pi0W?

Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:22 pm

As far as I know, Bluetooth should work identically across all models of Pi, all else being equal.

Did you have any trouble pairing and trusting the keyboard and mouse on the Pi0W?

RichInTheUSA

Re: Bluetooth support different between Pi3B and Pi0W?

Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:09 pm

Thank you. I did get it to work by using a different cable to go from USB to micro USB. I should have eliminated that before asking... sorry about that. Thanks again!

Return to “Beginners”