fionashivers

Setting up pi camera with MotionEye - login issues

Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:16 am

Hello,

I have installed MotionEye software on my pi 3, and have successfully accessed the software via the ip address of the pi on a laptop web browser. So far so good. The camera is connected wirelessly to a mobile router - the pi will eventually go onto a yacht and I want to set up remote access to it.

When I turn the pi on, connected via HDMI to a display, it is asking for a login. The screen shows -
mey-7a8etc login:

When I set up the pi initially before installing the camera I changed the password and made a note of it. The username I’m guessing is either raspberrypi or pi from the default setting. The hostname showed as raspberrypi at the time I changed the password.

Whenever I try and login, however, I get the error incorrect password. I’ve tried using the default passwords thinking it may not have saved my chosen password but they won’t let me login either.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do?

My next step is to wipe the sd card and reinstall the pi software but I’m reluctant to do this as you can probably tell, I’m quite new to all things pi!

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Fiona

oldjake

Re: Setting up pi camera with MotionEye - login issues

Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:18 pm

Has it got any public facing open ports? And how long after you set it all up did you change the password? The only time I've seen this was on a Pi running MotionEye where I forgot to change the default password for a few hours. That was enough for the Pi to get hijacked and taken over for BC mining.

As an aside, how are you finding MotionEye? I've just swapped all mine to RPi Cam Web Interface. The interface isn't as nice but it seems mile better for motion detection and the fact that you have buttons you can use to start recording or take a snap when you want.

Cheers
Andy

Return to “Beginners”