Cromulent

Does the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ support Wifi Direct?

Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:55 pm

I was just wondering if the Raspberry Pi 3 Model 3+ supports Wifi Direct at all? I couldn't find anything on the product page that mentions it.

If so I assume I can use Python as I would on any computer to access its facilities? Does it just require regular TCP/IP socket programming or is there a separate API in Linux that allows you to use Wifi Direct? I want a mesh network where devices enter and leave the network automatically as they enter or leave the network range of the Wifi Direct device.

If that isn't an option, I guess I'll either have to buy a Bluetooth 5 chip for Bluetooth Mesh or wait until the next Raspberry Pi model which hopefully will support Wifi Direct.

fruitoftheloom

Re: Does the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ support Wifi Direct?

Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:16 am

Cromulent wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:55 pm
I was just wondering if the Raspberry Pi 3 Model 3+ supports Wifi Direct at all? I couldn't find anything on the product page that mentions it.

If so I assume I can use Python as I would on any computer to access its facilities? Does it just require regular TCP/IP socket programming or is there a separate API in Linux that allows you to use Wifi Direct? I want a mesh network where devices enter and leave the network automatically as they enter or leave the network range of the Wifi Direct device.

If that isn't an option, I guess I'll either have to buy a Bluetooth 5 chip for Bluetooth Mesh or wait until the next Raspberry Pi model which hopefully will support Wifi Direct.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... p?t=195779
Adieu

Return to “Beginners”