marciokoko

Debugging python executable

Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:10 am

I made a python file with tkinter and it runs fine (the window gui part) but im working on debugging the python code so Im making changes to the python code by opening it in nano with sudo and making the change and saving. After I make changes and save the file, do I need to do something else for the changes to take effect when running the executable?

klricks

Re: Debugging python executable

Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:27 am

marciokoko wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:10 am
I made a python file with tkinter and it runs fine (the window gui part) but im working on debugging the python code so Im making changes to the python code by opening it in nano with sudo and making the change and saving. After I make changes and save the file, do I need to do something else for the changes to take effect when running the executable?
No.. The file will retain whatever permissions that it has after editing. Changes will be immediate after the file is saved and then run.
Why are you using sudo? Normally only use sudo to edit system files. If your file resides anywhere in /home/pi/ or (~ $) .......... then you should not use sudo especially when creating a new file.
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Stretch w/ Desktop OS.

Return to “Beginners”