tony1812

remove/delete all dependencies

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:14 pm

Hello, I installed serval software from tar, not apt install package, one of them is the Arduino IDE. Now I need to delete it. But the arduino related files are all over the place after the installation and I can't use apt remove them. How can I clean out all Arduino related files?

jbudd

Re: remove/delete all dependencies

Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:16 pm

If you could be certain that the installation didn't overwrite any pre-existing files such as libraries, you could list the tar file contents and remove each file in turn: tar tf installationfile.tar | xargs -d '\n' rm -f. You would have to be in the right directory too, unless the files listed by tar tf have absolute pathnames.

I suspect the safest way though is to start again with a fresh Raspbian installation.

Edit - changed "rm -rf" to "rm -f". Less dangerous but won't remove directories.

rpdom

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:25 pm

Did the install instructions have "make install" or something like that in? Because sometimes there are "make uninstall" options as well.

tony1812

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:25 pm

rpdom wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:25 pm
Did the install instructions have "make install" or something like that in? Because sometimes there are "make uninstall" options as well.
No it doesn't. but it does have a uninstall.sh in it. when I run ./uninstall.sh, seemingly it just remove the desktop icon, I am not sure if it removes every dependencies.

Return to “Beginners”