as1mov48

under voltage error

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:06 am

I'm running my Pi3 with a 5v 2A power supply from a 32Gb Class 10 samsung SD card, Flashed withe Raspbian, but I get an 'under voltage error whenever I boot up or put a flash drive in an USB slot.
Any Ideas? should I get a higher amperage PS?

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: under voltage error

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:30 am

PS should be just about OK (The official PS is 2.5A), but the cable may well be a bit rubbish. Always worth getting a decent specified cable - makes a huge difference.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

LTolledo

Re: under voltage error

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:15 pm

Get a micro USB cable set that is rated 2A or above. Make sure its a charging cable not a data transfer cable
Charging cables tend to have bigger 2-conductor cables
Data transfer cables tend to have smaller 4-conductor cables

If you like DIY you can make your own, just more expensive and time consuming...

or better yet get a 5V 2.5A mircoUSB power supply set. Plug and play... finished

I power up my 32GB microSD bootable RPi3B, fan-cooled, WiFi connected, bluetooth enabled, with I2S DAC HAT, 2.5GHz unifying dongle (for keyboard and mouse), and powering a small 5-LED desk lamp, on just a 5V 2.5A power supply set. Dont even see the "Flash" insignia whenever I insert and access a USB thumbdrive...
"Don't come to me with 'issues' for I don't know how to deal with those
Come to me with 'problems' and I'll help you find solutions"

Some people be like:
"Help me! Am drowning! But dont you dare touch me nor come near me!"

Return to “Beginners”