mcb1991

I want to check my hdd on rasp? But How?

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:15 pm

Hello,
I'm new. I'm trying to use raspberry pi 3 b+.

Have a question. I connect my WD 1TB HDD to raspberry pi. But i can't see my files (actually i don't know to look my files.) In windows as you know, enter your computer and there it is your hdd. But i can't check that here. How i can see my files in rasp? İs there any computer segment?

And my second question. I set up my owncloud. I want to add my hdd to my own cloud system. And i want to see my files in hdd. Do i need to do rest my hdd? And do you know any source about it?

topguy

Re: I want to check my hdd on rasp? But How?

Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:43 am

Start by reading this: https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... storage.md

- Make sure that the HDD have enough power, does it come with its own powersupply ?

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: I want to check my hdd on rasp? But How?

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:32 am

mcb1991 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:15 pm
Hello,
I'm new. I'm trying to use raspberry pi 3 b+.

Have a question. I connect my WD 1TB HDD to raspberry pi. But i can't see my files (actually i don't know to look my files.) In windows as you know, enter your computer and there it is your hdd. But i can't check that here. How i can see my files in rasp? İs there any computer segment?

And my second question. I set up my owncloud. I want to add my hdd to my own cloud system. And i want to see my files in hdd. Do i need to do rest my hdd? And do you know any source about it?
Are you connecting it via a USB->SATA or similar adapter? They should appear as a hotplugged drive. So either a file manager will come up when you insert, or browse to /media/pi/<name of drive> to look at the contents.

UNLESS, it might be formatted with NTFS in which case you might need to install some stuff to support it. Although IIRC, they should still be mounted read only without any extra software.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Please direct all questions to the forum, I do not do support via PM.

Return to “Beginners”