JJL1

Firefox broken

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:24 pm

Firefox crashes on YouTube and Vimeo. Before the update, Firefox-esr did what I needed, now it's useless. I tried Vivaldi and Chrome. I am unable to watch or download videos on Vimeo. Firefox could download it just could not play them without distorted sound. I used to download, to watch Vimeo but, Chrome and Vivaldi block video downloads. Is there a way to revert to the old version? Also how do I remove all Firefox files. I reinstalled and extensions were still there after purging. Is there another browser?

Pi is my PC, my laptop crashed. It's not illegal to download to watch, just to redistribute. I Follow Natural News for health videos. YouTube banned health videos. I'm cut off now LOL.

fruitoftheloom

Re: Firefox broken

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:47 pm

JJL1 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:24 pm
Firefox crashes on YouTube and Vimeo. Before the update, Firefox-esr did what I needed, now it's useless. I tried Vivaldi and Chrome. I am unable to watch or download videos on Vimeo. Firefox could download it just could not play them without distorted sound. I used to download, to watch Vimeo but, Chrome and Vivaldi block video downloads. Is there a way to revert to the old version? Also how do I remove all Firefox files. I reinstalled and extensions were still there after purging. Is there another browser?

Pi is my PC, my laptop crashed. It's not illegal to download to watch, just to redistribute. I Follow Natural News for health videos. YouTube banned health videos. I'm cut off now LOL.

KweB: viewforum.php?f=116
Thinking outside the box is better than burying your head in the sand...

JJL1

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:56 pm

Fruitoftheloom thanks for your reply. You misunderstood me. I only have a pi3 or pi2. Laptop cashed (hardware issue) Pi is all I have. Normally I use Ubuntu on a PC. I'm poor so new one my take years. I have to make due with PI as my PC. Trying to find solution to video issues on all browsers I have found so far. Vivaldi works great on YouTube and so does Chrome. Vivaldi has a plugin for pi to use omx player. On Vemio I get environment error

JJL1

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:20 pm

I found this if anyone else needs this 8 more browsers. I got testing to do. Hope they fix Firefox I'll miss it for sure! https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/raspberry-pi-browsers/

JJL1

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:08 pm

Tested the ones that looked the best Epiphany (built in) works on YouTube but not Vimeo.
Midori is the same. The rest are even more limited. Vivaldi is the best in the list. I'd say it's better than Firefox. Way more customizable. Need less plugin's like webRTC can be shut off in settings. Maybe I just need an H264 codec? I'm going to check addons

JJL1

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:26 pm

No luck, good by Vimeo. HELLO Vivaldi! Just wish I could download videos that I can't watch. Hope it works on Real Video, next month is the beginning!

Return to “Beginners”