tractors

LTE Cat M1 on RPi in AU, shields, modules, protocols

Fri May 04, 2018 5:10 am

Hi there, I have a project where I would like to use the LTE Cat M1 in Australia specifically Telstra on band 28. There are three approved modules: Telit ME910C1-AU, Quectel BG-96 and uBlox SARA-R410M-02B.

What is the best way to interface any of these modules to the Pi? I noticed sixfab have a PCIe LTE shield but does not say explicitly compatible with any of these. I have sent them a message. Can you recommend any other shields?

Once I have a board connected and driver's etc what is the process for using SSH, HTTP and maybe even FTP? Is this a straight forward process?

I am familiar with debian type systems but not had much to do with hardware and networking.

Cheers

antc

Re: LTE Cat M1 on RPi in AU, shields, modules, protocols

Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:36 am

Have you made any progress here?

It's quite difficult to source these boarded modules / shields at the moment. There is also the option of the SIM7000E which will hopefully be available soon. Rakwireless have a reasonable looking BG96 and IoT store have a Dragino BG96 shield for prototyping.

larry_catm

Re: LTE Cat M1 on RPi in AU, shields, modules, protocols

Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:42 pm

Simplest solution for Pi is to buy a BG96 Arduino module from RAK Wireless (in China via Ali Express) and then buy a Pi to Arduino adapter.
Is the NimbeLink CATM modem approved i Austrailia - Nimbelink sells a Pi board that allows their CAT-M module carried to be plugged in directly, and it's FCC approved for use in the US. US required the carriers approval, as well as an FCC certification for wireless products.

Return to “Beginners”