DinksDad

Why are Newbie's ignored?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:46 am

I take it this Pi forum is for the more advanced only?

The very few messages I've uploaded have been completely ignored.

Not a problem, I'll just move on.

Shame really.
Not very good with a Rasp Pi.

gordon77

Re: Newbie

Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:54 am

I tried your link to your case but it failed.

Don't despair lots don't get responses.
The forum is for all user abilities.

B.Goode

Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:00 am

I'm sorry you haven't felt at home here. There are definitely many beginner users who pose very basic questions and get them answered.

I can only see one question you posed, and that relates to getting power to an unspecified car dvd monitor. Maybe noone here recognised the configuration you are describing and so noone could contribute any informed advice.

rpiMike

Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:02 am

There were 2 nice replies to your case post and at least 124 views so far.

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=210155&p=1297884#p1297884

jbudd

Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:16 am

Maybe you didn't discover the option to be notified when someone answers a thread that interests you?

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Why are Newbie's ignored?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:27 am

Perhaps if you wrote better subject lines than just "newbie", and "monitor", so that the other posters here had an idea what questions you wanted to ask (or comment you wanted to make).

I now have edited the subject lines of both your two posts.

Asking questions in a forum takes some practice.

ShiftPlusOne
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Location: The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:17 pm

Having a look at the monitor question, I can tell you why I can't reply to that and probably why some some other people haven't replied.

There is no information about the display itself. No part number, no photo, no schematic, nothing. To do what you want to do, you'd need to reverse engineer how it works or find a schematic so somebody else can figure it out. It's not the sort of thing easily done over the internet with nothing to go on. I could've asked you whether you can provide the information, but then wouldn't have the time commitment to try to figure it all out, which would probably involve me buying the same display. It's not that you were ignored because you were a newbie wanting to do something uninteresting to the snobs who don't want to help you, it's that what you're asking is far from a newbie question and not many people are able to help.

klricks

Re: Wy are Newbie's ignored?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:25 pm

You did not ask any questions in most of your posts. It may be just me but I look for questions.

You gave links to external sites that require the user to loggin or create an account before they can be viewed. No one is going to do that.
Use a free image site such at imgur.com
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Buster w/ Desktop OS.

MaxVMH

Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:36 pm

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve or what you're looking for.

All of your posts so far:

• A question in this thread, someone replied asking for more information but you never responded.
  • A comment "now that's funky" in this thread. I'm not sure why or how someone would respond to that since your comment didn't add anything to the discussion.
  • A thread with a link to a some pictures about your DIY Raspberry Pi case. You didn't provide information on why/how or backstory but still 2 people commented positively on your project which was very nice of them.
  • 2 hours ago, a thread containing a link to a slideshow of the pictures you already made a thread for, so basically a double post, still without information on why/how or a backstory.
  • And 8 minutes after that thread you posted this very thread which is you complaining that you get ignored.

So basically you feel ignored because no one replied to your "now that's funky" comment and that you didn't get response within 8 minutes of posting the same pictures for the 2nd time? While at the same time you ignore someone that is trying to help you out?
Webserver stack: 2x Pi 3B | 1x Pi 3B+ ||| Pi Zero W for fooling around

Working on a soccer prediction web app:
https://github.com/MaxVMH/mijnscore
Attempt at writing up-to-date tutorials on making a Raspberry Pi webserver:
http://blog.mijnscore.be/

jamesh

Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:03 pm

Everyone, keep it civil and on topic please.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

hippy

Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:52 pm

I could only see one question you asked about an in-car monitor and I will add a response in that thread shortly.

In the other threads you seemed to be reporting what you had achieved or were merely commenting and, to me, those posts did not seem to require any response.

boyoh

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:03 pm

Some times it is difficult to respond to the post, not knowing the age of the poster,
They must understand, that some times we have to research the questions our self's
On the web, Some thing they could do first, Then if they don't understand what they
are reading then ask the forum, The trouble is they won't to learn electronics in
in a short week end course, I'm 86yrs and still learning ,One advantage I had is
i served a 7yre electrical apprenticeship way back in 1945..No computers
No calculators No transistors and NO GOOGLE . When TTL was developed
I had to start from scratch, but understood Ohms Law. But now electronics is all
plug and play. Not much incentive to build circuits .

Regards BoyOh Retired Electrical / Electronics Technician
BoyOh ( Selby, North Yorkshire.UK)
Some Times Right Some Times Wrong

FreezeTile

Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:26 am

I'm also a newbie when it comes to the Pi, but I've found that the community here is great. They've answered all my questions so far, and I've learnt a lot of useful information.
If you're new to the Pi, I can't recommend this forum enough. :D

jamesh

Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:18 am

FreezeTile wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:26 am
I'm also a newbie when it comes to the Pi, but I've found that the community here is great. They've answered all my questions so far, and I've learnt a lot of useful information.
If you're new to the Pi, I can't recommend this forum enough. :D
Thank you!
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

Return to “Beginners”