beatsal

smart phone

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:02 pm

since i had problems with my admin-pc controlling pi, want to use my smart phone instead. any way to xfer prog's from pc to smart phone?

klricks

Re: smart phone

Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:23 pm

beatsal wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:02 pm
since i had problems with my admin-pc controlling pi, want to use my smart phone instead. any way to xfer prog's from pc to smart phone?
RealVNC app can be used. There are also ssh clients in app store.
(RPi and phone connected to your local network by cable or WIFI)
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Stretch w/ Desktop OS.

beatsal

Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:57 pm

Thanks.
Not sure where to start. You say there are apps in the app store for clients i.e. PI, smartphone. Some app names to start the process would be helpful.

klricks

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:43 pm

beatsal wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:57 pm
Thanks.
Not sure where to start. You say there are apps in the app store for clients i.e. PI, smartphone. Some app names to start the process would be helpful.
Install from Android Google app store:
Have no idea about Apple or Windows phone..

For full desktop:
realvnc

For ssh (text console only)
juiceSSH

You will need to enable VNC and SSH in the Interfaces menu of the GUI config tool in [Menu] --> [Preferences] OR by using the command line config tool: sudo raspi-config
Then reboot.

You will need to find the IP address of your RPi from your router connected devices / status page or use a app such as fing on phone or PC. Something like 192.168.x.x
User: pi
Password: raspberry (if you haven't changed it you should)
In some cases the hostname.local can be used instead of IP address. If you havn't changed the RPi's hostname then it would be like this:
raspberrypi.local
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Stretch w/ Desktop OS.

Return to “Beginners”