dextrus

Backing up your SD card using Windows

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:58 pm

Folks,

I have made a rather embarrassing (apparently I sound like Jack Hargreaves, for those who might remember him .. a 70's TV presenter) video that explains the entire process for backing up your SD card to your PC, using Windows and Win32DiskImager, all assuming of course, that everything is working just fine. This covers an introduction, downloading the software, extracting and launching the software, hardware requirements, backing-up and restoring your SD card.

While playing with various Operating Systems, I've rendered quite a few cards unusable, however I have managed to restore them with the back-up. Therefore, if you are new to the Pi, I can't emphasize enough how important an image back-up is.

I was surprised to see this topic was not really covered in a general sense. It's so important!

Here's the link: http://youtu.be/tRRrxt-eJ_M

Regards,

/Dextrus

P.S. I'm working on more "basics" videos, but blimey.. they take ages.
Have more FUN with your Pi. Visit www.pi-fun.com

kb3obx

Re: Backing up your SD card using Windows

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Much help, i havent been backin up... Guess i will now!

W. H. Heydt

Re: Backing up your SD card using Windows

Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:21 am

kb3obx wrote:Much help, i havent been backin up... Guess i will now!
If you'd seen as many data center disasters as I have...making backups would be an article of faith for you, too.

Just to cite two... A explosive concentration of natural gas in the machine room (mainframe)...didn't go off, but it could have. A flood on the 14th floor (same mainframe machine room).

Return to “Beginners”