coopi

Default network config for Raspbian Lite

Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:15 am

zapizapo wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:21 am
Hello everyone,

Thanks for the detailed steps on how to run the headless install. I confirm that I did follow them in the first place.

I confirm also that I got my Ubiquiti USG router via Unifi controler to assign an address that was already assigned to another device that I had forgotten. Yes it is possible, I'm afraid DHCP reservations are not (yet) the strongest point in the Unifi world.
But still entirely my bad.

I did restart the entire process from scratch and back to the standard few minutes setup time.

I am wondering if the behavior I saw on Raspberry when assigning it an adress that was already used for another device is entirely good. Symptoms were that I got "connection refused" when trying to ssh to the Pi, and then when I connected a screen to it, I found out that there was no network working on the Pi, no dhcp address was assigned to eth0. It was not able to connect to internet etc...
Not sure if this is normal or not. I mention it here just for the sake of it.
On my side I'm good to go and will move on.

Thanks everyone for the super fast support.
I got similar query as you before.
I made one mistake that I put the empty ssh file in the 2nd, the larger partition instead of the 1st, the smaller, the correct boot partition.
Secondly, for the first boot of a freshly burnt sd-card, the first thing rpi does is to expand the partition. It may takes longer than expected depending on size and age of the sd-card.
For the speed of getting connection, it also depends on the dhcp Server (the router). After fixing those conflict ip issue, reboot the router usually helps to speed up things.

Return to “Beginners”