FadedSpy

Newbie here - Just bought the RP3B - Retro Box

Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:01 pm

Hey everyone...

I finally jumped on the Raspberry pi bandwagon in order to gift my 6 year old this amazing device for his birthday. I know, I'm an awesome dad! He's just recently shown interest in the Super Nintendo, playing Mario games and I figured I'd help him take it to the next level. I'm pretty noob-ish when it comes to this type of stuff so I hope I'm not in over my head. I've been google-ing many things and watching lots of you-tube videos to try to figure things out as I go but now I'm stumped.

I went on Amazon and got the Raspberry Pi 3b (Retro Box)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071L ... UTF8&psc=1

The unit came with an O.S. already installed. I have been playing around with it a little bit and I've come across a couple of issues that I'm hoping this community can help me solve.

1) I have an Ethernet cable running from my router to the RP3 box but when I goto windows explorer, under the network tab where it shows RetroPie, when I click on it so that I can transfer roms from pc to RP3 via network, the connection times out and there's an error saying it cannot access the RP3

2) While playing some of the pre-loaded SNES, N64, NES games that came on the RP3, the tv screen will go black for a second then come back on. It happens even when I'm not playing a game, just browsing the operating system. I changed the resolution to CEA Mode 1 640x480 60Hz 4:3 because I read it would help the N64 games run more smoothly but the black screen still flashes every once in a while

3) Overclocking....I read that I should over clock the RP3 so that the N64 games run better. Is it possible to do with my RP3 Model B? I've seen some Command Prompt commands that can be typed in but I'm not sure how to access the command prompt section so I can type in these commands. Maybe this area is too advanced for me?

I'm sure I'll have other questions but this would be a great start If I can get past the first 2 issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

asandford

Re: Newbie here - Just bought the RP3B - Retro Box

Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:52 pm

I suspect you'll need to take these issues up with the vendor

Leeloo

Re: Newbie here - Just bought the RP3B - Retro Box

Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:39 am

1)I think the machine will show up on the network but I think is something you have to configure show as a drive or ftp client / server.

2) I would try a different hdmi cable, some cables can give all sorts of issues.

3) I wouldn't mess unless you are seeing a specific game is really unplayable, if you are still up for it I think it is as simple as editing a configuration text file (unsure which off the top of my head still new to pi)

Return to “Beginners”